Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Developing my 10-handed game?

bambini is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by J_Verschueren View Post

Record keeping is very important, so you can have an objective look at how you're doing. Otherwise you might let doubts creep into your game, based on subjective feelings of how you are doing.

Yah, 27 sit&go's (spread over two buy-ins, apparently) is not saying much.
    27? Are they my stats? Wow, much lower than I thought. I guess I'm getting mixed up with play money SNGs too (I originally signed up to online poker to play play money games/freeroll as practice for my live game and played for months before making my first deposit) but hey ho, this adds to the case for better record-keeping, eh?

Incdientally, where did you pick up those stats from?

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    It's good to see reasoned answers to this quandry. I remember when I first started out and cashed in my first ten tries so I decided that I didn't need to keep records because I couldn't lose. I do love your avatar bambini and keep up the good work.
    I second this. I know on other forums asking relatively n00bish questions may be met with a barrage of abuse, but I've never felt that's the case here. So thanks everyone!

And thanks for the av appreciation, Time! I'm not sure how clear it is, but it's Liv Boeree. I mainly chose it as it combines my 2 great passions: poker and cigars.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Quote Originally Posted by bambini View Post
    And thanks for the av appreciation, Time! I'm not sure how clear it is, but it's Liv Boeree. I mainly chose it as it combines my 2 great passions: poker and cigars.
    I didn't realize it was Liv but I liked it because it combines 3 of my great passions ... 4 if you count them individually.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    I do love your avatar bambini and keep up the good work.
    And thus dies the "quesotar".

QUESOTAR

10/31/09 - 12/15/12

RIP

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Quote Originally Posted by bambini View Post
    27? Are they my stats? Wow, much lower than I thought. I guess I'm getting mixed up with play money SNGs too (I originally signed up to online poker to play play money games/freeroll as practice for my live game and played for months before making my first deposit) but hey ho, this adds to the case for better record-keeping, eh?

Incidentally, where did you pick up those stats from?
    SharkScope - Online and Live Poker Statistics

Shows 51 results now, for some reason, even though your last game already dates from 12/13. Still, doesn't say very much. 1K games is what you're looking for to get a decent idea.

And they do indeed only track real-money games.

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post

QUESOTAR

10/31/09 - 12/15/12

RIP

Oops ... major league faux pas. My apologies Q but it is just another indication that things aren't as they used to be around here!
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post

QUESOTAR

10/31/09 - 12/15/12

RIP

No the Quesotar lives on...as long as it is still showing in the User CP then it can never die!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2