Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament Log

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post

If these guys are straightforward thinking players that only have big hands and are not folding I don't see how we can fault folding JJ. The one idea to bring to your attention is the fact that you MUST isolate if you play here, stack sizes easily dictate this. I don't care what the BB is capable of doing and all that. He MUST have a hand to play if you shove. If he does, so be it.
    Now I like this a lot. I would say my sense was that UTG was never folding. But you're right, I wish I would have just taken this mentality and shoved. If I'm out, I'm out. I think I was just burned a little bit by a similar situation last week, but the stack situation was totally different. I would have lost a third of my stack if I lose, but pick up 17,000 (minimum) on a win. Of course if the
    BB has a monster, I lose it all, but-- you don't get a lot of chances like this in tournaments to chip up. Damn. Should have shoved it.

With 4BBs? I go with any pair also unless its right on the bubble or something. Hell, I might have shoved over his limp to begin with.
    got my 8's on the flop, not in the hole. What I should have done is shoved with any 2 UTG rather than let the blinds wipe me out again.

With 4000 at 150/300 (I assume no antes) I just push or fold. As played, I'd prefer a 750 raise. Being so short (13BBs) I don't see how you can fold after raising from the CO to a B shove unless this guy is a rock.
    Good point, raise/fold is no good, but if this is true, I guess I just should have shoved in the first place. Not that the outcome would have been any different.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    got my 8's on the flop, not in the hole. What I should have done is shoved with any 2 UTG rather than let the blinds wipe me out again.
    I know, but being that short and checking in the BB I'd commit if I hit. That's what I mean. In fact, if this guy is the type that would limp/call a shove with his full range but was fit or fold on the flop, I'd might use a stop-n-go type move and shove any flop or at worst any flop I connected with in some way.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Things are looking very exciting for a possible trip to Vegas in the middle of September for a WPT Boot Camp. They have a new program where you can put $500 down on your credit card, then get billed $199 a month until it's paid off. I don't think I would have been able to afford it otherwise. Looks like I can pull off the flights and hotel for me and my wife for under $800, that was a pleasant surprise.

I'd love to see what a three day intensive tournament course from the WPT could do for my game.

Wow. Never been to Vegas. This could turn out to be a trip of epic proportions.

Where's TIME been, anyway? Love to hook up with him.

LOL. Maybe we can pull off another Pokerology convention.

Ugh, I'll be there in the middle of July with the family.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

I enjoyed reading your tournament log.

I plan to hit Vegas at some point this year. September might be a little too early for me, but it's a possibility.

Default 5/9/12: $25 Lions Club Tournament

#6.

What a joke. They start you with $10,000 in chips @ 100/200, the blinds double every ten minutes, and before you've finished your hot dog and coke, you're under ten BB's and haven't even seen one decent hand yet. They call you down the whole way with nothing and then hit. I'm sure they are all a bunch of nice old farmers. Total crapshoot. I won't be going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    #6.

What a joke. They start you with $10,000 in chips @ 100/200, the blinds double every ten minutes, and before you've finished your hot dog and coke, you're under ten BB's and haven't even seen one decent hand yet. They call you down the whole way with nothing and then hit. I'm sure they are all a bunch of nice old farmers. Total crapshoot. I won't be going back.
    Sounds like a friendly game designed to only take a few hours, much like the bar games are. I would think this game would be quite profitable actually, especially with proper push/fold situations and if they suck that bad at it.

I admit that 10 minutes blinds are pretty quick, even the bar game I go to is 13 or 15. Another I go to you are push/fold after the first blind level... of course I'm the only player who ever seemed to understand that.

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Another I go to you are push/fold after the first blind level... of course I'm the only player who ever seemed to understand that.
    I lolled.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast