Thread: Questionable Play

invalidname94 is offline Junior Member

Question Questionable Play

Hi all, this is my first post to pokerology, and I am just starting to get into poker. I am using PT4, and through this software, had a question on a hand from my very first session. I have posted the session notes below this post, and I was wondering if you thought it was played the right way.

I think I may've been a bit too aggressive, especially because the player I went heads up with was the initial raiser (and utg+1) and the flush draw hit, but he was playing loose the whole time I was at the table (which, admittedly, was a very short amount of time, less than 50 hands). In this situation, the two bets ended up paying off, but I couldn't help but feel the decision was -EV.

Was the bet on the flop and turn the right call? What would you have done differently? Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

PS - For those using PT4, is there a better way to upload hands to this forum to make it easier for you guys to read? Thanks if you can help with that as well! Without further ado, here are the hand notes.

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG (UTG): 116 BB (VPIP: 15.38, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
    UTG+1 (UTG+1): 188.5 BB (VPIP: 41.18, PFR: 35.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
    MP (MP): 173 BB (VPIP: 11.76, PFR: 11.76, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 17)
    MP+1 (MP+1): 118 BB (VPIP: 41.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
    CO (CO): 100 BB (VPIP: 5.88, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
    Hero (BTN): 102 BB
    SB (SB): 99 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
    BB (BB): 40 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Dealt to Hero: Jh Js

fold, UTG+1 raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop (12 BB, 4 players): 6h Th Ts

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 7.5 BB, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls 7.5 BB

Turn (27 BB, 2 players): 5h

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 17 BB, fold

Hero wins 26 BB

hagaic is offline Junior Member

This site seems pretty dead...

Pretty standard play.
    You can extract value on the turn from a loose player that will call here with 99,88, 87s or AKo with one heart.
    You could also check behind the turn for pot-control, given that villain could have hit a flush (he's loose so he could have opened many suited hands + the flop was multi-way so he chose not to semi-bluff it), and in that case you could have a redraw to a better flush or full-house.

So how did you do since this hand?