Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first bad beat :(

BoonYNWA is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Long story short : Fold KJo there. :)

Nice post Q, I'm way too lazy to do it anymore.

Yeah I definitely will in future and I only called him as he'd been stealing a lot of blinds.

I've been constantly telling myself that position is king and my overall % for seeing the flop has fell from 16% to 12% so I'm playing tighter and winning most flops I do see before the turn.

I played a hand today where my opponent was constantly betting all-in pre-flop. I called him with JJ and took the pot. Would you recommend me doing the same in future? At worst I figured I had a 55% chance so unless he had AA KK QQ (which i believe he'd of slow played ) i'd be ahead. I should mention this was a cash game and wouldn't of meant falling out of a tournament ;)

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Every hand has its own situation but very rarely would I find a reason to fold JJ in a situation like you describe. However, there are spots during the bubble of a SNG where folding QQ and even KK would be correct.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Breezy is offline Feel the Breeze

Nope you played it perfectly. You made him buy his odds to hit his miracle card. His odds was horrible to win and you made it expensive to see it.
    ​Breezy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2