Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One happy bunny

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I understand there are plenty of players, especially those that have been around a while, that will do exactly that. However, even if they are not keen on the exact math they have generally developed a feel for when something isn't beneficial to them. Call it the metagame or playing the player or whatever but there are times that they go against the math for whatever reason and they will do it for better or for worse.

For all I know, if I suddenly were able to come back and play online I'll find the game has changed to the point that it might be very hard for me to adapt from how I learned the game also.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

BoonYNWA is offline Junior Member

Another update...

Played a few more tournaments and didn't do very at all so i went back and tried to see what the problem was. I think it was a lack of aggression and a poor state of mind. Anyhow, I had a day away from all things Poker to clear my head and just generally just chill out.

I came back the following day and played a free-roll tournament consisting of just over 1000 players. I was calm and patient and things just started to flow.

I came 9th :D

I know i could of gone a bit further if i'd of been able to keep my excitement to a minimum but after reaching the top 10 i became too excited to concentrate correctly and made a couple of bad calls that put me under pressure from the blinds. I know that people playing free-rolls are usually not the most competent players you'll find but either way it made me feel great and you can only beat what's in front of you.

The psychological side of the game seems to me to be the biggest deciding factor in whether someone will be successful long term and it is something that i will have to work on as it's a definite weakness at the moment.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Quote Originally Posted by BoonYNWA View Post
    I came 9th :D
    Was this a single table SNG? Only kidding.... out of 1,000 that's very good, no matter what the skill level. Nice one!

Although, without wishing to sound boring.... it's really about the decisions you make rather than the results. But hey, it's a good feeling to run deep!

BoonYNWA is offline Junior Member

Yeah it felt great :D just a shame i allowed my emotions to influence me when it really mattered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2