Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: not working

greasy is offline Junior Member

I think it would take a solid month to get 1000 games in...

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Remember I didn't play cash. SNGs they are either playing optimally or they're not... and they're not. Same with MTTs. I never gave a shit about cash so its true, its not like I remember because I don't remember. :)

It might take months to get 1000 games, sure. However at the low stakes even as few as 100 games will give a player a pretty decent idea of how he is doing. When I played the lowest of the low SNGs I was told to move up after 50 games. Of course, it helped that I had Jennifear to guide me on all this stuff.

I'm sure the players are better than they use to be, that was the case when I was playing. 2004<2006<2009<2011<now and all that, though if the USA can ever play again there might be a revival in fishy play.

Its been three years since I really played poker. I'm out of practice and probably couldn't make good decisions near as often as I once could. I studied though, I studied my hand histories, posted on here, read books, and I still have hundreds, maybe thousands of emails from Jen and other players/peers that I trusted. And I was never a full-time player or a pro. I will say this, it kept me and my family afloat during the rough patch the economy took in 2007-2009.

Do what you want. If you have 5 buy-ins for the game you are playing, good luck. It sounds like you can just reload when you need to so I guess it doesn't matter. Trust me though, if your bankroll is suddenly in the THOUSANDS of dollars you will care a whole lot more about managing it. I know I did, it was perhaps my greatest strength as a poker player.

As far as Carbon Poker goes, its OK. If I were to play again that would be my first choice as a US player. Bovada (formerly Bodog to me), well, don't mind the anonymous thing but I hate the fact that I lost all my player notes. Otherwise it was quite a profitable site for me. I never minded the way the tables worked as much as others did, a lot of players hated it.
    greasy likes this.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Im mean dont get me wrong. Im not saying your advice to stay in micro stakes is bad. Im listening and trusting you with alot you say. I like certin techniques. They work. But I feel its kinda hurting the way I was playing and winning with before.. I feel like I tweaked my game too much. I know what you feel with bovada. I have no clue who im playing. Just try n remember bankroll n use that during a session. But I like it. Its working. Just waiting on my software n I can show some hands. Thsnk you for all the advice!

Here are some screenshots from sharkscope
    Attached Images Attached Images

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I can't read that, too small.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

"Thanks guys.. and girl :)"

Just to be clear... Bambini is not a girl. That's just his avatar. Isn't that Liv Boeree?
    greasy likes this.

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default not working

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    "Thanks guys.. and girl :)"

Just to be clear... Bambini is not a girl. That's just his avatar. Isn't that Liv Boeree?
    Correct, Queso. All manly man right here. Beer and football and cars and all that :) and yep, that's Liv Boeree smoking a cigar.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

Breezy is offline Feel the Breeze

The only thing I can say without reading any of the prior replies. Is to not jump stakes. That is one of the biggest mistakes a grinder can make. Unless you are playing strictly for recreational purposes. Then it wouldn't matter what so ever what stakes you play at. But if you are trying to make your way through the levels. You need to chalk it up and learn and grind as you go. I hated the micros online. I played live home games for so many years and made decent money grinding. Then I was introduced to online. And I started at the bottom just like everyone else. It was horrible experience for me. I wanted out so bad I was tempted to just buy my way out of the micros. Didn't work out to well. I was out matched. So I started all over and tried it again and swallowed my pride and decided to just play it as it comes. Seemed like forever to move up. But it eventually did happen. Wait it out Greasy. ;)
    ​Breezy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2