Thread: MTT table move

Noods85 is offline Junior Member

Default MTT table move

I seem to have more trouble with getting moved to a different table, mainly having to start over on reads. I find it difficult because I usually pick my reads during the first few orbits early on, but when I get moved I know everyone is at the point where they mix up their game more. Any tips on how to solve my issue?

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default MTT table move

It's a good question. It's very tricky once you get moved to a new table, especially if you're short stacked. On the other hand, the other players are also scoping you out, as you're an unknown quantity. Sometimes it can be a blessing though - if you're getting crushed by maniacs getting out in a new table can be a lifesaver.

Best advice I can give is to play tight aggressive for as long as your stack can handle once you've moved to a new table. It will give you a chance to check out your new table. Also, as everyone is loosening up, TAG play can be pretty profitable.

Avoid bluffing, as you haven't developed a table image and don't know who is likely to fold to you.

Make notes on other players from the start of the MTT, as you may bump into them again later in the tourney.

If you're dropping below 10 BBs then it's back to shove-or-fold strategy.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask more questions if it doesn't :)
    Last edited by bambini; Mar 23rd, 2014 at 09:45 PM.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Just start over. Take notes and pay attention. Be aware of the situation and take notice if the players are playing to those situations. Some guys really do not understand when to push-fold or try to get fancy when they shouldn't.

If the site you play on allows you to record notes on players take advantage of it. There is an article on this site about how to take notes, maybe you could take a look.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Good advice guys.

Noods (the OP) emailed this question via the contact form and I directed him here because I knew you guys would be as helpful as always. I also directed him to a couple of extra lessons.

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default MTT table move

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Good advice guys.

Noods (the OP) emailed this question via the contact form and I directed him here because I knew you guys would be as helpful as always. I also directed him to a couple of extra lessons.
    It's what we're here for :)
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf