Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Play a (live) hand with me!

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Because he might bluff is why we are check/CALLING. We want to give him the chance to bluff at this board, thus it is not a problem at all. This "blocking bet" is a misnomer IMO. What does it really do? If he has you beat, he knows it and will raise. If he doesn't he folds anyway and we do not pick up any more chips. You might "block" JT or something but I'd rather just check/call and see what happens.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default Play a (live) hand with me!

Sorry for the delay guys. Check-call is exactly what I did. I check, and villain bets out 6 (a little on the small side for a pot that was over 13). I call, suspecting I'm beat. Villain turns over

Ah well. It was a big pot to lose, but I feel like I made the right decisions at each stage. I was surprised that he called my flop raise but I think he was getting a little loose because it was the end of the night. If he had missed the turn, no doubt he would have folded to my turn bet.

Thanks for playing!
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I like how the villain played the hand assuming he knew you well enough. I can see him calling the flop considering the implied odds he was giving if he hit. There are a lot of hands he could have had in his range that we would have made fold so I still like our play there.

As I said earlier I disliked the 9 for our straight since its on the high end and we've now made our hand using only one of our cards, however we needed to show strength being OOP. If we were IP I could see checking behind to induce a bluff and/or saving money on the end. Again, being OOP hurt us here. I like the hand we tried it with but the flop hit us awkwardly.

For all we know the paired board saved us 2.00 or so, he might not have liked it either. Ah well, and so it goes.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2