Default Draw down

What is a normal draw down percentage based on bank roll

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I'm not sure what you are asking.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default Draw down

Me neither. Sorry, not sure o understand the question. Can you ask it again?
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Default Draw down

WPT boot camp advises to withdraw anything above your current bankroll requirements at the end of the month. Alternatively, withdraw only 50% your profit monthly and grow your bankroll to move up in limits.
    Interestingly, they recommend you don't play tournaments unless it's with cash game profits, and even then, for not more than 1% your cash game bankroll (for tournaments that you'll play regularly). They advise to take a shot in bigger tournaments with regular tournament profits.

bambini is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    WPT boot camp advises to withdraw anything above your current bankroll requirements at the end of the month. Alternatively, withdraw only 50% your profit monthly and grow your bankroll to move up in limits.
    Interestingly, they recommend you don't play tournaments unless it's with cash game profits, and even then, for not more than 1% your cash game bankroll (for tournaments that you'll play regularly). They advise to take a shot in bigger tournaments with regular tournament profits.
    Let me just make sure I'm clear...

You play cash games as your first port of call, and you use those profits to invest in tournaments. And then you take the tournament winnings to invest in bigger tournaments? So if you have a bankroll of $200, and you make a bit of profit on a cash game, then you invest some of that profit (no more than $2) into an SNG. And if you wind a couple of SNGs you might take a punt at a MTT. Right?

What's the rationale for this? I mean, it sounds reasonable, but I don't understand why it's better than simply taking your $200 and playing SNGs directly.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Default Draw down

It isn't better per se, it's just that the WPT course I'm referring to was a cash game course in particular, so that was the default position. I assumed the OP's question was meant from a cash game perspective. In any case, it's just a recommendation. Their point is, take all your profit out (above your bankroll) if you want to, but if you want to grow your game (move up in limits), keep 50% or more to grow your bankroll over time. As an aside to primarily cash game players, the suggestion if they want to try tournaments is to play for no more than 1% cash bankroll unless subsequent tournament profits allow taking bigger shots. It's mostly intended as a well rounded strategy that doesn't ever threaten a cash players bankroll.

Of course if you'd rather play tournaments, do that. They have a separate bankroll strategy for that as well.

kx2250 is offline Junior Member

Hey, sorry I should have been more descriptive in my last post.

Thanks Queso, that's what I was thinking. I was looking for some kind of guild line to go by. Some times its difficult to know if I'm playing bad or its just normal draw down, but I guess a person has to constantly keep their self in check

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta