Thread: Short stacked with suited connectors

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default Short stacked with suited connectors

Picture the scene...

You're 4-handed on a 6-max SNG. You're the short stack, down to 6BBs and you're UTG. The big stack is in the BB and will almost certainly call you with ATC. The other 2 opponents will likely fold unless they have a monster.

You're dealt .

Shove or fold?
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

I've made up a situation based on what you described... ship it.

HoldemResources Nash Results

Only just about in the equilibrium range, so no biggie if you fold either (other than eating the blinds, obv.).
    Last edited by J_Verschueren; Apr 18th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Shove, pretty easy decision for me. If it were 3-handed? Hmm, depends on the other stacks. However, is the BB really gonna call with ATC? Seems quite unlikely, you are not THAT short. I've seen guys fold for less than 2BBs, both live and online.
    Last edited by RyckyRych; Apr 19th, 2013 at 05:19 AM.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

bambini is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Shove, pretty easy decision for me. If it were 3-handed? Hmm, depends on the other stacks. However, is the BB really gonna call with ATC? Seems quite unlikely, you are not THAT short. I've seen guys fold for less than 2BBs, both live and online.
    Fair point, although the big stack in this instance had 40BBs and more than half the chips in play so would have been quite justified in calling with ATC. At the very least any player worth their salt would call you with and face or ace, so you'd have to hit a pair or better to win the pot.

Having started this thread, I've checked my hand history and realised I've misremembered slightly. Let me offer you a revised dilemma.

You're in the BB with 6BBs remaining in your stack. You have

UTG and button fold. Big stack, in the SB, min-raises. Shove or fold?
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

You know what? -I'm actually not going to take a stand and say: "it depends".

Seriously, if you do anything other than fold here (which would be ok in a vacuum, as limps and minraises are often made to induce), it's going to depend on how you view villain and the sort of hand he might be playing. Or maybe how you think villain views you and what you think he thinks he might get you to fold, etc... ICM doesn't cover that shit, so you're on your own there.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

You fold. Much rather shove with ten-high that make a move with 6BBs with it. In this case he will call you quite often, unless his min-raise means weakness and he folds after his "move" fails. Of course, you likely do not know that yet. Just let it go and wait to shove from the SB instead.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content