Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rush Poker on FTP

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Quote Originally Posted by EddieRich View Post
    That is the one thing I miss after black Friday. I have been playing on Bovada and I hate how slow the games go. It was much easier to just fold and move on, rather than wait for the slow people to finish the hand. Maybe I just have ADD, who knows.
    If it's a disorder, we share it.

If I'd let myself, I would really get annoyed at people playing out a hand during the early stages of my games (45-man sit&go's) for less chips than a big blind will be in the stages which really matter. I'd rather they'd just fold, or at least make an attempt to get the chips in before the river.
    Sign of a fish in multitable sit&go's: some guy pot controlling a limped pot and trying to get his hand to showdown. These guys just get eaten alive if they ever make it to the final table, through lack of having another gear to shift to.

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default Rush Poker on FTP

I dunno, I like rush but I also like the slower pace of other games and (especially) of live play. I see poker as a thinking game that involves strategy, and I quite like the time to give some thought to what's going on.

I've been playing a lot of Rush recently and can certainly feel myself getting fatigued after a couple of hours, which puts me at risk of going into autopilot. When I start slipping into autopilot, I start making mistakes.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

For cash games I don't know if many players go for much more than an hour or so while playing rush poker. Maybe try to limit yourself to an hour at a time.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

bambini is offline Senior Member

Default Rush Poker on FTP

Sound advice. There's something about the immediacy of Rush that gives me that "just one more hand" feeling. Reminds me of when I used to play those turn-based strategy PC games as a kid :)
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2