Thread: Vegas Superbowl trip

Harald Zone is offline Senior Member

Default Vegas Superbowl trip

I wanted to post a lot about this trip, but have been busy polishing my game. Lets start with the safety of being in Vegas. Despite the reports of a hail of bullets in front of the Bellagio, it is very very safe. The only concern I had was walking under the scaffolding in front of the Quad. The scaffold walk was crowded and I held onto my bankroll. Regarding the Quad where I had originally booked, I cancelled because the online reviews were overwhelmingly bad. I stayed at Ballys in the north tower for four nights during the Super Bowl for a tax included toal of $410. It was posh for a regular guy like me. The room was super clean and had a flat screen tv, king bed, 2 desks, a large padded ottoman, a couch, a coffee table, a nice office type chair and a view overlooking Bills Gambling Hall. I played one tall stack tournament at the Mirage for $120 finishing 33 of 91. I should have skipped the tournament. The Mirage poker room is comfortable and somehow smoke free in the middle of a sea of smoke around the bar and slots. I won $313 playing different levels of limit poker at the Mirage, Bellagio, Ballys, and the Venetian. The Venetian room is cavernous; I liked it but I loved playing at the Bellagio Poker room even though the room management sort of ignored the 4/8 players. I can't really blame them. I played 8/16 one session at the Venetian. It was scary and my heart was pumping. What a rush! I caught a monster and let the locals bet into this yokel. My next vacation will be in Vegas again unless I go tp LA.
    Last edited by Harald Zone; Apr 6th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.