Thread: Ok spot to iso-ship?

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Default Ok spot to iso-ship?

45-man turbo sit&go, 13 players remaining, 7 paid, but realistically one needs to make top 4 to make it worth one's time. I have Player 1 labeled as a good reg., playing 6 tables or less (also noticed him being observant), Player 4 is a mass multitabler (whom I lovingly refer to as empty seats ), Player 5 is an unknown, Player 6 is a massive fishcake.

My thoughts at the time were Player 1 could obv. have me crushed with TT-AA, AK, KQ, KJ, AT but that's only a few % of hands and he's also gonna have a ton of just A-highs, worse Kings, a decent amount of queens, some jacks, all small pocket pairs and at least some suited connectors, which I beat or am not doing too badly against. Besides, it's only 3BB when I lose and I'll still have fold equity. I wasn't expecting to hear from Player 4, because I hardly ever expect to hear from those guys and the BB, because I had him covered.

In retrospect, I think shoving might have looked weak here and I wouldn't have folded out hands I expected to (like Ax). Thoughts?

Remark: the replayer does not show the return of my uncalled bet of t1095, i.e. the chips don't add up at the end.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Hmm, at first I said to myself "I think it may be just a bit ambitious". Of course you are shipping unopened. If you are the BB you call. However, now seeing that you mark Player 1 as a good player, likely one that knows how wide he must be here, then yes I think KTs is just fine. If you did not have that info then its probably really close. Most likely the players behind you would call too tight so I think KTs is good even in that situation and TBH you have a bunch of leverage here. I've seen guys fold and show JJ in similar spots (though that was very rare). I've probably seen AJ call here more than JJ or TT fold.

You are too short to do anything but shove. Shove>Fold>Call
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

I shove, but then again, I am a shovetard

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Hypothetical question: supose 2 hands ago, in an alternate reality, fishcake doesn't hit his miracle to double through good reg, is busted and the table is balanced with another mid-stack from the other table. Good reg now open jams 12k to put pressure on us mid-stacks, do I call off?
    Last edited by J_Verschueren; Feb 1st, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

no, wait for a better spot to be first in, and then put everyone else to the decision

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

What Q said. Unless you know he is on ATC and was gonna do it every hand. I might make a stand then. Still, while its true the better money is at the top these 45-man things do have ICM and equity stuff to them. You really can't call off this light unless it was BvB, maybe button vs BB.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Default Ok spot to iso-ship?

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    You really can't call off this light unless it was BvB, maybe button vs BB.
    Even then, it would be one of those squeeze-your-eyes-shut "I know I'm supposed to do this, but I really don't want to" moments.