Thread: One Mmmillion! (not in $)

nobetter is offline Senior Member

Default One Mmmillion! (not in $)

Hi again to the few and the proud who still frequent the forum, I'm back after nearly a year, maybe someone remembers me.

Diggin' the new design, congrats to Tim and everybody involved for the re-launch! I hope there will be new articles regularly cause I always enjoy reading them.

As for my poker, I started playing online again yesterday, with two freerolls. Got in late with the first and dropped out early, but the second was more successful. It was almost 25,000 players and I made the top 100. I think it was only the 2nd time I had over one million chips at any poker table, and I won a few dollars for free, so spirits are high.

I'm aware that it wasn't all due to good play though, honestly I didn't observe my opponents cautiously. It's hard to practice that again if you're just getting back, and it's not easier in giant MTTs to keep track. What's positive is that I was very relaxed and only just before the end when shoving with AA from UTG (150k blinds) with my 1000k stack my pulse went quicker. Anyway, my strength used to be NL cash games actually, so looking forward to getting back to these micro stakes tables again soon!

So one million... in cheers!
    Last edited by nobetter; Jan 16th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Quote Originally Posted by nobetter View Post
    Diggin' the new design, congrats to Tim and everybody involved for the re-launch! I hope there will be new articles regularly cause I always enjoy reading them.
    Thanks. It's nice to know you appreciate the effort.

Congratulations on getting back into it and good luck!

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Hi nobetter ... yeah, I remember you. Good to see you back.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

bambini is offline Senior Member

Hey there, don't believe I've had the pleasure. Always nice to have someone else around here, and cool that you've thrown yourself back in the game. A hiatus can work wonders for reigniting your love for poker...just take a look at FTP's rebirth :)
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Quote Originally Posted by bambini View Post
    just take a look at FTP's rebirth :)
    F them. A rebirth for you non Americans. The rest of us are still stuck. Ferguson and Letterer should both rot in Hell. That's for them, not you.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

bambini is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    F them. A rebirth for you non Americans. The rest of us are still stuck. Ferguson and Letterer should both rot in Hell. That's for them, not you.
    Lol! I suppose I should clarify that I was talking about their rebirth in terms of FTP already taking the #2 spot, despite their tarnished reputation. I still disagree with the Stars buyout, with the fact that US citizens have not been reimbursed despite having broken no laws and of course with FTP's shameful behaviour.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf