Thread: Lou Krieger - Rest in Peace

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default Lou Krieger - Rest in Peace

I received some very sad news yesterday. Lou Krieger has passed away after a courageous battle with cancer. Here is a statement from his family:

It is my deepest regret to inform you that early this morning Lou’s fight against cancer ended. He fought courageously to the end with the same pride and dignity that carried him through his life. He wanted everyone to know that he did not go peacefully in his sleep but fighting like hell. He was surrounded by his family. We know he would want everyone to keep floppin’ aces. He will be missed by all that knew him. Poker has lost a star.
    Lou made an enormous contributed to poker and was a great ambassador for the game. He was also a very nice guy and will be sorely missed.

I was fortunate to have known Lou, even though we never met in person. Lou first starting writing for Pokerology a few years ago, but this year Lou and I spent a lot of time working on poker videos for the soon to be re-launched site. We become friends and I will miss our Tuesday afternoon recording sessions.

Even when he was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, he still wanted to continue working for the site. His attitude in fighting cancer was awe inspiring and I genuinely thought he would make a full recovery. I know it's often said that someone 'put up a good fight' but Lou really did. Sadly, it wasn't enough.

I'm currently in Las Vegas and yesterday was my first full day here. I ran like a god at the tables. I was actually looking forward to talking to Lou about my marathon limit hold'em session - a game I was never much good at, until getting coaching from Lou. I'm an atheist and don't believe in the afterlife so I'm not going to say that he was looking down or anything like that, but upon hearing the news of Lou's passing I couldn't help but think he'd joined the poker gods.

May he rest in peace.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Sad news indeed, he will be missed.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Wow, that was a shock to hear. As the co-author of "Poker for Dummies", Lou certainly hit his target when I found his book.
    I remember all of posts here on this site were intelligent and well thought-out.
    I also enjoyed his radio show from time to time.
    RIP Lou

Patrick 'paddyjim' is offline Senior Member

Very sad news Tim
    Don't take life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Lou Krieger and Dave Brubeck in the same week. Very, very sad. Two icons.

RIP Lou & Dave

Dave ... Take Five
    Lou ... take as long as you want
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

't Is the season for honorary account closures, it seems: Gerry Anderson, the man behind the 60's TV-series Thunderbirds died yesterday, age 83.