Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FTP...anyone?

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Default FTP...anyone?

So FTP opened yesterday...anyone play there yet?

I played a few hundred hands and I have to admit that it really felt like I was returning home after a long time away. Mind you it was a home without:

• Rakeback
    • Limit SnG players
    • US Players
    • FTP Academy

...so THAT was disappointing but otherwise it was..."comforting". Comforting only goes so far though...once I clear what I can of the 'Deal me in' bonus that everyone got for returning I will probably revert to my combination of 888, Carbon, iPoker and a little bit of PS. It's a shame though because I still find their software the most appealing overall.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Today was the first time I logged back in to FTP. I was curious to see how much money I had on the site, which I'm planning to withdraw. I might leave a little bit on there just incase I decide to play, but I'm not sure if I will. There doesn't seem to be much incentive to play there from what I can tell so far.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

<sigh>
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Patrick 'paddyjim' is offline Senior Member

Well it seems I have $16.16 in my account!

Let's see if I can run it up a little higher
    Don't take life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive

Patrick 'paddyjim' is offline Senior Member

Good start

played 1 table of 1c/2c and turned $2 into $7.55, and also played a freeroll and won $4, so balance now $25.71
    Don't take life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

OK, I just responded to your session at the Vic but now your cookin'! However, some gratuitous advice and we all know what that is worth ... losing the big ones and winning the little ones is not the path to riches!!!

Just busting your chops. I know how well you play and I'm sure you will be building your bankroll significantly and very soon.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Tim

In the short-term I think the games at FTP will be super soft. I haven't played there yet but they are heavily promoting the site with TV campaigns at the moment, so there's bound to be an influx of players who are new or haven't played for over 18 months.

Other than the soft games (which probably won't last for long) I see no reason to play there. Their brand new rewards/loyalty program sucks and the rake is higher than at Stars, so why play at FTP instead of Stars? There's not a strong enough reason, IMO.

It's great that players got their money back, but I wish they'd been bought by someone other than PokerStars.

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    It's great that players got their money back,
    I'm happy for the rest of the world but your statement seems to indicate ALL players and that is not true. Past their e-mail about the DOJ Americans are still waiting for further news.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    I'm happy for the rest of the world but your statement seems to indicate ALL players and that is not true. Past their e-mail about the DOJ Americans are still waiting for further news.
    Yeah, good point.

But consider yourself fortunate... because I just played my first game, a 36-man Rush turbo SNG and it lasted for all of ONE HAND. I'm in the BB with QQ, MP min-raise, one caller, I shove, one caller and he flips over KK. I waited 18 months for this?

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yeah, good point.

But consider yourself fortunate... because I just played my first game, a 36-man Rush turbo SNG and it lasted for all of ONE HAND. I'm in the BB with QQ, MP min-raise, one caller, I shove, one caller and he flips over KK. I waited 18 months for this?
    At least I am not alone...it looks like PokerStars implemented a new and more effective doomswitch at FTP and they have been testing out on you and I

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast