Thread: Give your BFF the DOJ a call ...

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Default Give your BFF the DOJ a call ...

YEAH, RIGHT!

To Americans that received the e-mail from Full Tilt I wonder how many will actually petition the Department of Justice to seek a return of their bankrolls.

Hey, the DOJ is your friend. You have nothing to worry about!
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

What did your email say? My email from them said they are open for business on Nov 6th. I've totally forgotten how much I had on there. I should have withdrawn when I had the chance in the days after BF, when Howard and his co-conspirators said our money was safe.... the lying scumbags.

There was an American version and then the rest of the world ... here is a cut and paste of what I received.

Dear XXXX,

As a player on Full Tilt Poker, you may be aware of the recent settlement reached with the U.S. Department of Justice (the "DOJ").

Full Tilt Poker will not offer real money online poker in the U.S. until it is permissible to do so under relevant law.

In relation to your account balance, you will have the opportunity to file petition with the DOJ through a remission process which will be administrated by the DOJ.

In light of the above, only play chip games will be available to Full Tilt Poker players in the U.S. following re-launch, in the first week of November, 2012. Your Full Tilt Points balance will remain intact in your account.

Please note that we are unable to answer queries in relation to your funds - all such questions should be directed to the DOJ in accordance with the procedure to be defined by them.

Please retain this email for your records.

Sincerely,

Full Tilt Poker
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Tim

I wonder if they will display how much money is in your account? Obviously they should, since they can't expect everyone to remember back to April 2011. But it doesn't say in the email. I also wonder how long people have to make a claim with the DOJ and how many will even bother? One thing's for sure.... there will be a lot of dead money in the DOJ's coffers.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I got the same letter. Ho-hum.

I will be interested to see what traffic is like when it opens, assuming that I'll be able to see the real money play.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

It is very clear that Americans will not be shown their account balances nor will we be able to view real cash games. We will be relegated to the play money tables. As for trying to get reimbursed ... apparently Full Tilt will have nothing to do with that. Here is their advice to their screwed over former players ...

"Please note that we are unable to answer queries in relation to your funds - all such questions should be directed to the DOJ in accordance with the procedure to be defined by them."

What a crock of BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting, I also received the E-mail saying FT would be back open for business on the 6th Nov and as I have about $400 on there I`ll certainly be signing back in to check my balance. As Stars now have control and the money is backed by the Isle of Man I`ll probably see what the traffic is like before deciding whether to withdraw or carry on playing there, just a shame a similar deal wasn`t sorted out with UB/AP.

I`ve lost money before at sites that have closed but I must admit I`ve never experience the disappointment you US guys must have felt until Bodog closed it`s doors to UK poker players a few weeks ago. Having just started to get back my old enthusiasm for poker it was absolutely gutting to be informed I could no longer play there.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

I just got this e-mail from Pokerstars. I'm not affected, but it would appear Pokerstars customers outside the US, at least, will have their Full Tilt assets "unfrozen".

Dear Tkgatma,

Apologies if you are not a Full Tilt Poker Account holder

As you may be aware, Full Tilt Poker.com will re-launch under new ownership on November 6th, 2012. However, players from Belgium will be prohibited from playing on Full Tilt Poker, due to local regulations.

For all players from Belgium who have Full Tilt Poker account assets (cash, t-money, tourney tickets, FTP points) they will be able to access them through their PokerStars.BE account. In order to facilitate this, players will be required to ‘Pair’ their Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars accounts, through a process called ‘Account Pairing’.

Once ‘Account Pairing’ is established players will be able to credit all their Full Tilt Poker account assets to PokerStars, where they are free to cash out, or continue playing.

Please refer to our step-by-step guide on accessing your account funds and FAQs section.

Please note – as agreed with <Belgian> regulators, all players who wish to receive their Full Tilt Poker account balances will only be able to do so, through the ‘Account Pairing’ process on PokerStars.

See you at the tables!

The PokerStars Team

Tim

Poker Stars... I mean Full Tilt, have been running a lot of TV adverts here in the UK lately. I fast forward most adverts because I tend to record stuff on my v+ box (like tivo). I first noticed when I was skipping through the ad break during CSI:NY about a week ago, so I re-winded. It was like the same old distinctive Full Tilt adverts of old (minus Lederer, Ivey, Ferguson and co) and ended with the re-launch date. It was interesting to see.

Patrick 'paddyjim' is offline Senior Member

Dear paddyjim,

Full Tilt Poker will re-launch on Tuesday, November 6th, 2012.

We are pleased to inform you that your account balance will be restored in full. Additionally, other assets you had in your account will be converted to their appropriate cash, T-money, or Full Tilt Points value and added to your account.

Once re-launch has completed on November 6th, you will have full and unrestricted access to your Full Tilt Poker account, including all cashier functionality and poker games.

For your reference, we have outlined your account details below. Please note that for privacy and security reasons, real-money balances above $100 may not be shown below - you will be able to view your balance securely in the game cashier following re-launch.*

(The UK Version!)
    Don't take life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive