Thread: Pokerstars 5000 player micro buy in

texas_muck'em is offline Senior Member

Default Pokerstars 5000 player micro buy in

Like the 5.50, 8.80...
    To quote another player
    "Its a donkfest"
    Very true, I raise 14bb and get called by AT & 44, I eventually fold my cowboys, when AT hits a bigger boat than 44.
    I'm just wondering if limping in with suited connectors during the early rounds, and even big pairs, is the better strategy. Did that once with 56c hit two pair, shoved, got called by AQ with an A on the flop.
    Anybody tried and had success with any strategy?

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

You raised 14BBs and then folded later in the hand? That doesn't sound very +EV. I must have misunderstood, please clarify.
    Last edited by RyckyRych; Apr 2nd, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

I get KK in cut off, ep raises 3bb, mp calls, I raise 14bb, and they both call?! Okay ...
    Flop comes rainbow ATJ, and they both check to me.. now I know one of them at least is calling with any ace, thats what donks constantly do in this buy in, and the other caller is statistically 50% chance of being good... so I think about my options here, rep the straight... nah my donkey has a 50% chance of calling with his ace, and they other guy may have the straight if he's a donk, or he just hit a set, and won't believe my story repin the straight since I bet so big preflop, two guys in the pot, I felt I had to slow down.
    Turn comes 4 they both check again, and at this point I think I had made my mind up to let it go, bluffing would be to risky.
    River comes T
    The first guy bets half the pot,
    The second bets the new pot,
    I couldn't continue, fold.
    The first guy shoved and second calls, first guy shows tens full of aces, second mucks 4's full of tens.
    I say "omg, nobody folds! My big bet preflop"
    a guy on the table says "lol, whada ya expect, this is the $5.50 donkfest"

Stack sizes? They might be important here.

All of us had about 3000 at the start of the hand, first round of blinds, 10/20

Well, I'd have given up AT but the 44 is close. I like 15:1 but since its so likely you'll stack someone if you hit in these things and the 150BB potential I like it. That is the guy that should be crying.

I think you played it very well. I like the checks since you had a small draw to the nut straight and the ace being on the board. If the flop was A73 or something I'd have fired at it though.