Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SNG Hand 4

Default SNG Hand 4

Last one I`ll post for tonight. Have a sequence of hands coming up next.

** Hand # 4246828628 starting - 2012-01-07 23:02:55
    ** Super Turbo 6 Seat [Hold'em] (250|500 NL - STT) Real Money

Waylander420 sitting in seat 1 with 2880.00
    kliedesys sitting in seat 3 with 2545.00
    Knut_Posse sitting in seat 4 with 1825.00[Dealer]
    Loz982 sitting in seat 6 with 1750.00
    Loz982 posted the small blind - 250.00
    Waylander420 posted the big blind - 500.00

** Dealing cards to Waylander420: 9s, Ad
    kliedesys went all-in - 2545.00
    Knut_Posse folded
    Loz982 folded
    Waylander420 folded
    kliedesys mucks:
    kliedesys wins 3295.00 from the main pot
    Illegitimi non carborundum

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

You'd better have a very, very good read on this kliedesys guy to fold that... WTF?!?

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Probably a call. This guy might be too tight but is he really so much tigher than going with about 30% that we fold A9o? I doubt it. We can't call too liberally since we really didn't want to screw with the other "big" stack but these blinds are out of hand now.

We are getting better than 3:2, true, but our BF is at its highest against the other bigger stack. I think I call if I thought he was anything but rock-tight. Even then I might go since winning would put us in terrific shape at the bubble.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by J_Verschueren View Post
    You'd better have a very, very good read on this kliedesys guy to fold that... WTF?!?
    I felt he was pretty tight and the only time he`d made such an aggressive move was with QQ. Other factors were that I hate calling off my chips when I think I have an edge on the remaining players. Possibly a mistake but that`s why I put the hand up for discussion.

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    Other factors were that I hate calling off my chips when I think I have an edge on the remaining players.
    I know that feeling. I also find it hard to trust to luck when I feel I can have the odds in my favour when I do decide to play a hand. Trouble is: if, in a (super) turbo, you pass up spots like that and you happen to catch junk for a couple of hands (or find yourself having to fold AQs due to action in front, like I did tonight), you can get blinded down too far really quickly.

That said, if this player was not playing correctly (i.e. ship or fold) before, you can assume his range is not as wide as it should be and you can fold bottom end hands like A9o.

I was just saying, in a vacuum, that's an insta-call.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Verschueren View Post
    I know that feeling. I also find it hard to trust to luck when I feel I can have the odds in my favour when I do decide to play a hand. Trouble is: if, in a (super) turbo, you pass up spots like that and you happen to catch junk for a couple of hands (or find yourself having to fold AQs due to action in front, like I did tonight), you can get blinded down too far really quickly.

That said, if this player was not playing correctly (i.e. ship or fold) before, you can assume his range is not as wide as it should be and you can fold bottom end hands like A9o.

I was just saying, in a vacuum, that's an insta-call.
    Nice summary. As I said in another post super-turbos aren`t really my thing so I expect to make mistakes atm.

These guys definitely weren`t playing correctly but it was a 0.25 euro sng so I`d be surprised if they were. And as you say you`re viewing this hand in a vacuum whereas I had a lot more info at hand.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

It's been so long since i played online, I can't remember. But didn't the super turbos start with only 300 chips?

Anyway, knowing what a constant all-in fest they are, I'm not sure I'm folding Ax off in that spot with only 4.5 BB's left. You say 2 pay? I guess I can see something of what you're saying about feeling like you don't want to foolishly give up a genuine edge. On the other hand, that 'edge' might exactly be your willingness to call here.

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    It's been so long since i played online, I can't remember. But didn't the super turbos start with only 300 chips?

Anyway, knowing what a constant all-in fest they are, I'm not sure I'm folding Ax off in that spot with only 4.5 BB's left. You say 2 pay? I guess I can see something of what you're saying about feeling like you don't want to foolishly give up a genuine edge. On the other hand, that 'edge' might exactly be your willingness to call here.
    Different site, these start with 1500 chips.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    Different site, these start with 1500 chips.
    This on Merge, where they start with 50/100 blinds? I think some start with 1000 chips too.

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post

On Full Tilt they did. I loved the 54-man SNGs they had, I did well in those.

I miss online poker. I miss Full Tilt and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast