Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New grind!

Barrance is offline Senior Member

Default New grind!

Well, as I mentioned somewhere else before, im back with the internet, and enjoying being able to play poker again. Again as I mentioned somewhere else, I had to cash out the ~$1k bankroll id worked up from $80 due to good ole financial troubles in the real world. It was an experiment by me to see if I could play online poker properly, and I felt ive proved to myself that I can. Through a pretty good understanding of the 45 man turbos and good bankroll management.

Anyhoo, now im back and im at square one again. Have a job now, but its only barwork, and minimum wage only goes so far. So i deposited $60 to have a crack again starting with the $1.50s. Now, I dont know when exactly this happened, but I realised at some point that 4 tables left me with faaar too much spare time. To the point of checking things like this forum inbetween hands occasionaly. Occured to me that A) thats not good for my game full stop, and that B) if i truly do have that much spare time with 4 tables, why not up the stakes?

I then decided to try stacking tables for the first time. I figured it was worth a shot, but didnt have high hopes for it. Assumed i would struggle without being able to remember whats happened on the table previously, as you can just about with 4 tiled. But nah! As it stands I feel confident enough to say that I can play 10 tables without much trouble, and after a couple hundred of them have felt variation in both directions, but have been able to play well enough to have a pretty solid trend up.

So yeah, going to have another session of these later on tonight, and hoping to repeat the first half of tonights performance. I just feel like ive still got enough time with 10 tables to come to the same conclusion I would if I was playing 4! And, as I tend to profit from these things, that should only mean more profit! Huzzah!

My graph as it stands since last week or so when I started grind attempt round 2.

So yeah, couple of bad sessions (some stunning bad variance floating around in there...) but I can clearly still take advantage when the cards are coming my way! Bankroll currently up at $173. Another $100 or so and im going to switch back to the 3.50s!

Loving this...and we shall see if more tables are to come in the future!

Lookin` good!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

So you gonna use about what, 70-80BIs for these games?
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Yeah man, going to use the same plan as before. 75 buy ins at whatever level im playing. I know I started out a bit short, but it was all I really wanted to spend at the time. I figured the 1.50s shouldnt really be all that tough, and going back from $11s to $.50 was going to be a little much lol

Anyway, thankfully I started on an upswing so now im well rolled for them. Had a rough session this morning, 3 solid final table stacks but only managed 6th in 1 of them. Some nasty river cards in there. But yeah, sitting at $160 at the mo, so well rolled for the 1.50s and about $100 or so away from the 3.50s.

One question, i assumed I would be fine with the same bankroll plan, but shuould I be upping my requirements as im now playing alot more tables? I didnt think it would be too important but could see how it might.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrance View Post
    One question, i assumed I would be fine with the same bankroll plan, but shuould I be upping my requirements as im now playing alot more tables? I didnt think it would be too important but could see how it might.
    In a sense, yes. If you plan on doing them in 10-table sets, you technically need 84 BIs to start the set with. To keep it simple, just go with 80BIs if you plan on sticking to stacking 10 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrance View Post
    I know I started out a bit short, but it was all I really wanted to spend at the time.
    This is understandable. Gotta start somewhere. As long as you wait until being properly rolled to move up. When starting at the very bottom its OK to start a little short with the bankroll if that is all you have available. Hell, if I ever get to play again I might have to do the same thing.

I would have an issue if you tried to playing $12 games from the very beginning with just $200 or something.

JoshIvan is offline Poker Addict

looking good!

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Can you pull a "positions out" graph from that software too? -would be interesting to see what mine should look like eventually (I've got 23 games since juli... volume is not one of my strong suits ).

Yeah man,

9% 21.7% 25.5% 23.1% 20.7%

This is early, early-mid, mid, mid-late and late. Theyre not great to be honest, but just about do the job. The main thing thats improved with these while ive been playing is the early finishes. When i started it was around 14/15% while it took me a while to get the hang of just how tight to play early on. I think 9% is reasonable though, would always love it be lower though...and more late finishes darn it! Have had fairly bad luck come my way though, and this is only set from 300 or so, my long term numbers are...

13.1% 22.6% 23.9% 19.8% 20.5%

Well there you go actually I spose! Definite progress!

Ive hit a bit of a wall atm if anyones interested btw! Last 100 or so ive just hovered around $160!

J_Verschueren is offline They call me "J"

Thank you.

Seems I've got the busting out early bit under control, but, over my ridiculously small sample, I'm already biased towards mid and mid-late. I.e. I don't steal enough because I don't get caught enough. Will work on that. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast