Thread: Final Table Experience - Video

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default Final Table Experience - Video

Hey guys, these videos are from a game Rycky played last week on Doyles called 'The Final Table Experience'. It's a fairly interesting concept that I've never come across before... all the players start with a million chips and there are antes from the get go. The tournament was recorded live so it's quite long.

Anyway, split into 3 videos for your viewing pleasure:

‪Micro-Stakes Poker - Final Table Experience (1 of 3)‬‏ - YouTube
    ‪Micro-Stakes Poker - Final Table Experience (2 of 3)‬‏ - YouTube
    ‪Micro-Stakes Poker - Final Table Experience (3 of 3)‬‏ - YouTube

Feel free to post any comments you might have about these videos into this thread.

Tim

Rycky... I watched the videos today in full. I thought in the heads-up (part 3) you weren't nearly aggressive enough and quite a few times you said "showdown value"... rather than trying to steal against a somewhat passive opponent. I thought it was quite a card dependent strategy and you weren't really getting into the flow of the battle.

But I know you said that's not your strong point. Still, nicely played overall.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I felt I had been getting better at this deep HU situations but its actually been a while (like months) since I've really had a spot like this because of BF. I felt out of practice so I played it pretty safe to be honest. I think I even said in the video that this won't be something to learn from. In fact, I've always hoped someone who is better at these deep HU spots would come on and say some stuff for not only the forum but for myself.

I know there were a number of hands I felt I just wanted to showdown because I hit a piece and thought I could call a bet with but didn't want to get check-raised off of. Can't quite remember how I felt this guy was playing or what he was capable of now. I might have to watch it myself and see how it looks now.

In any case these games might be good to play just so I can try to find myself 40BB deep, HU, with antes. Doesn't happen much to me in a SNG. :)
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    I think I even said in the video that this won't be something to learn from.
    Yeah you did say that... but it was the most interesting part of the video IMO.

I don't think you played it badly, but were too cautious for my liking. The villan didn't seem the tricky sort and I just felt watching it that you were hoping to win in some marginal spots by going to showdown rather than forcing the action and never really putting him to the test.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Default Re: Final Table Experience - Video

Indeed. I think being this deep I resort to my default strategy, which is TAG. I've spent much more time studying how I would play that stack while it is still a full table. I get more aggressive as stack sizes shrink.

One think I've always wanted to study more of was deep stack post flop play, whether its HU or whatever. Since I just do not find myself in that spot very often at all, if ever, its not a priority. When I do I just go with the tools I have available instead of trying to change the method on the fly.

Perhaps now, with online poker the way it is, I could find the time to take it on somehow. I feel my postflop is better but I do think I could be more creative and aggressive overall. I just have to find what works for me that also meshes with my overall style. Thinking of another thread, perhaps Chris Ferguson might be one to think of.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content