Thread: Lamb Chops and Ketchup for Dinner

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default Lamb Chops and Ketchup for Dinner

I'm sure many of you have been following the WSOP ME. I've been visiting PokerNews on a daily basis and skimming over their coverage, which is I have to say is top notch.

Even if you've also been following the coverage you might have missed this absolute gem of a pun from 'stoffmakers' post. Here it is:

Lamb Chops and Ketchup for Dinner

The 175 players or so left are now on an hour and 50 minute dinner break. Ben Lamb took the chip lead for a bit that he's had at numerous points throughout the Main Event. But if you'd like some ketchup with your lamb, it's Pius Heinz who has been near the top of the leaderboard all day as the only man currently above the four million chip point.
    Read more: Live Reporting | 2011 World Series of Poker | Event #58: $10,000 Main Event | PokerNews

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

... and while you're enjoying dinner who would you rather listen to? Bach as in David or Collins as in Phil ... both contenders!
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Been somewhat following on ESPN3 here and there, think I will today also.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    ... and while you're enjoying dinner who would you rather listen to? Bach as in David or Collins as in Phil ... both contenders!

Lamp Chops is having an amazing WSOP. Phil Hellmuth must be gutted as he's now overtaken the brat in the POY standings. There's running good and then there's running good! It's safe to say he's running good.

There doesn't seem to be that many big names left, but I'm rooting for JP Kelly. I was on the same table as him at the WSOPE last year and he's a top player... and seemed like a very nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    There doesn't seem to be that many big names left, but I'm rooting for JP Kelly. I was on the same table as him at the WSOPE last year and he's a top player... and seemed like a very nice guy.
    Good enough for me. Me too.

I'm sure I've played online a little with subiime but he's gone. I may have been in the same games as Doc Sands and/or his girl but I serious doubt I've been at the same table. Same with Benba. Not enough reason to be a fan anyway.

Oh, and its the wrong Phil Collins to be pulling for IMO. I have no idea what his online name is though, if he has one.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Oh, and its the wrong Phil Collins to be pulling for IMO. I have no idea what his online name is though, if he has one.
    I think he goes by the name; "AgainstAllOdds".

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I think he goes by the name; "AgainstAllOdds".
    Better than "IMissedAgain".

BTW I think I must root for Pius Heinz. It is not completely confirmed but I think this is MastaP89, one of Jennifear's students/friends and one who I have actually talked with via a few weekend-long MSN chat-rail sessions. If this is true a nicer guy honestly couldn't win.

I'll let you know if this is correct, I'm 99% sure it is.

Tim

Well I just had a look on PokerNews and JP busted out in 23rd.

I think your guy Heinz is still in, but if so he's not one of the big stacks. He has some ketching up to do.

Lamb is still going strong.

Phil Collins is also there and doing well. But the day is not over yet... the cards are still in the air tonight.

Boom boom!

Looks like MastaP is 11th with about 7m in chips. Not too bad. Doc Sands and the chick are making me ill though (but seeing I know of Doc I can't root against him).

I do think a woman in the NN would be awesome so I can't be against her either.

TBH I just want to see some interesting stuff go down... I'm sure we will.