Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to Pokerology Forum Members

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Default An Open Letter to Pokerology Forum Members

An Open Letter to Pokerology Forum Members:

I, for one, think we had something special here on the Pokerology Forum. It seems to be a victim of a slow death as we have lost many good members and the active ones have become much less active. I understand that many of the members were internet grinders or if not grinders their main poker involvement was on the internet and that Black Friday put a major league dent in that activity.

So what, deal with it (pun intended) start a home game, go to a card room, play for play money did you all give up on poker since the American DOJ fed us all? Ive played poker for more years than most of you are old and if one outlet dried up, Id find another. I never gave up on the game, I just changed my MO.

All Im saying is lets keep this forum vibrant or it will just disappear. End of fin sermon.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

If you followed my blog you would discover that I have gone back to a venue I once frequented.

Also I have reason to believe that I may have future video content to record. We'll see how the subject material is before I say for sure.

Regardless, I agree that it would be a shame for Pokerology to fall dorment. I would hate for the site to fall victim to such erosion.

However, even if we only have a handful of steadfast supporters during the current landscape I'm still confident that we can hold our own here until things become more positive.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

busymm is offline Senior Member

I for one am hoping to start some live play soon. I just need to get a few bills paid off that I promised I would. Then I can start backing off on the overtime I have been putting in to pay said bills. I am really looking forward to sharring some live hands in the near future!

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Well said TIME... and thanks for being such a great member and avid supporter of the site. Also a big thanks to everyone who has ever participated beyond just a couple of posts... because I know there are many other venues to discuss poker.

It's disappointing that so many good members seem to have drifted away in recent weeks/months. I too haven't been as active as I once was, but it does get rather demoralising when you spend so long trying to build a forum and don't seem to be progressing.

But fear not.... even if the forum is in a state of decline, the site itself will be getting bigger and stronger. I have big plans and I am currently working on some excellent new content for the site from some of the best writers around. There's also video content being produced. It's still some way off, but a revamp is on the cards (pun intended).

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

I've always wondered, and been very surprised, that this place hasn't blown up huge. So it's not "2+2" or "pocketfives". So what? The entire place is formed around the study of the game. Though we joke around a lot, the discussions here and replayer examples have been extremely helpful to me, as good as I've found anywhere else. I honestly can't believe there aren't 500 posts a day here. After all, it's the (globally accessible) internet. And there's only millions upon millions of people who play the game in the world.

But whatever. I feel fortunate to have a place where I can put up a question about the way I've played the game, and get a handful of answers from people I've played with before, and whose thoughts I value. I especially miss the comments of DangerMouse. But if all I get is a response from Tim, Rycky, and TIME, that's fine with me. The day I put up a question and no one replies within a week, that's when I'll stop putting up questions.

What, do I need to drag out another "Jeopardy" now?

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    I especially miss the comments of DangerMouse.
    Danger is on the lam again ... last post about ten days ago.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

It is unfortunate that the forum is not as active as it once was. I have always appreciated the Pokerology community but I know I am one of the guilty parties that is not posting as much as I once did.

It doesn't really have anything to do with Black Friday as I am still playing poker but I feel like I have less to say about poker lately. I think I have recently become a bit complacent and I am just cruising on auto-pilot (in poker and life) so I am not developing any new insights or trying to improve as much. I was doing OK on the felt in short-handed, limit cash games and fell into a bit of a rhythm. I think I will need to renew my efforts at improvement though because in just my last two sessions I managed to eliminate all my poker profits on Carbon since May (not counting rakeback or promos...thanks RakeAces.com! ).

Also, where most of the discussion here is no-limit and I basically never play that anymore I feel that most of my comments on any hands would be pretty useless since limit and no-limit are such very different beasts.

I may try to post some more limit hands in the replayer over the next little while. I am sure in my last few sessions I must have some really good ones for discussion even though they are limit.

Jalopy, I don't think you should feel that all anyone ever plays (or cares about) is no-limit. I play limit ... have played at the same table as Tim playing limit and I know Queso had a brief love affair with the game. Even if others never play the game they just might learn something from a limit discussion. That wouldn't be a bad thing ...

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    Jalopy, I don't think you should feel that all anyone ever plays (or cares about) is no-limit. I play limit ... have played at the same table as Tim playing limit and I know Queso had a brief love affair with the game. Even if others never play the game they just might learn something from a limit discussion. That wouldn't be a bad thing ...
    Limit cash is how I started...
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TIME View Post
    Jalopy, I don't think you should feel that all anyone ever plays (or cares about) is no-limit.
    I don't think that at all. I know that folks here are just as interested in commenting on limit games as they are no-limit ones, it's just that I think that my input on no-limit hands isn't very relevant because of how I think about the game. Every time I read a hand for discussion and think I have something interesting to say about it I read the following comments and discover that I hadn't considered a number of no-limit-centric variables in my decison.
    Last edited by Jalopy; Jul 18th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast