Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: An Open Letter to Pokerology Forum Members

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    The book (Ed Miller wrote it, I gotta find it)
    If you are talking about Small Stakes Hold'em, that book has become my poker Bible. I have never read a book that had so much insight, information and direct relevance to my poker playing. I am on my third read through and I think I will probably read it another three times before I move on to another book.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    If you are talking about Small Stakes Hold'em, that book has become my poker Bible. I have never read a book that had so much insight, information and direct relevance to my poker playing. I am on my third read through and I think I will probably read it another three times before I move on to another book.
    I don't think so, its strictly a limit book. I'll try to find it.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Small Stakes Hold'em by Miller, Sklansky and Malmuth is strictly a limit book. On page 67 they go into playing small pairs and pretty much validate what I've said. Since the book focuses to small stakes they point out that many of those games are passive and have family pots which can make set mining appropriate. The games I normally play in are aggressive and small pairs in early position are junk.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Yes, this is the book. I read 67 and it validated what I was thinking also. Again, I never really saw a time (online remember) where there was a threat of common reraising. Most of the time if there was a raise it was somewhat rare, and 3-betting more so.

Generally I was refering to the loose game suggested starting hands on page 82, at least that is what I could somewhat recall. The tight chart on page 80 shows folding these hands as TIME advised.

I could see a higher-limit live game making this spewy at best. Since I've never played one I again defer to TIME.
    Last edited by RyckyRych; Jul 20th, 2011 at 01:06 AM.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Pretty sure I have it as an e-book. Catch me on msn and I`ll send it to you.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3