Thread: Folding QQ preflop?

john111_x is offline Junior Member

Default Folding QQ preflop?

Everytime I get QQ i lose. I bet on the flop, get put all in (with only undercards on the board), I call the all in, and have the guy dominated. Then he catches 2 pair, trips, runner runner flush, etc.

Would I be better off just folding this hand preflop? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but had I not been playing QQ for the past 2 weeks I would be up $100 (at least), but instead I lose 8/10 i play it.

Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Hi John. Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by john111_x View Post
    Would I be better off just folding this hand preflop?
    No. By that logic I would have to fold AA pre-flop because I've lost with them the past 3 times I've played them.

You need to think long term and understand expected value. If you lose with QQ 8/10 times then you haven't played enough hands.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Default Folding QQ preflop?

Only to 2 all in bets ahead of you... And even then, only maybe.

It`s a foldable hand but only when the betting is representing aces or kings. There are spots in a satellite where you could fold it pre-flop but on the whole as Tim said you`d be giving up a lot of value if you started folding it because it was "unlucky".

Varience is a bitch but it all evens out in the end if you play enough hands.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

TIME is offline Reasonable bet
    Las Vegas area

Welcome to the forum, John. The easiest way to cure yourself concerning the good "jinx" hands is to recall a TIME when you won a hand with a total piece of cheese like 7-2 off because you were in the big blind and got a free look at the flop ... connected big TIME and won a nice pot. Did you then consider 7-2 off to be a magical hand and play it all the TIME? I hope not! All good advice by my forum mates ... Q-Q is a good hand and things will even out for you over TIME.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.