Thread: Turbo SNG Spot

Default Turbo SNG Spot

We should have a super tight image, is it worth betting here? Would anyone limp or even shove here?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Barrance is offline Senior Member

Ive been wrestling with these spots alot recently, but Ive got to say I would probably put it down (however 8s and maybe 7s I would shove). It will of course depend on what the tables been up to/your image, but with no reads on anything I dont really like it as a shove, and even less as a raise/limp.

180 chips potential for what (in low stakes at least) could very easily be called by any broadway hand, a mid/high ace and any mid pair. I dont know if youre playing with a slightly different calibre of player, but theres too many coinflip hands that probably should fold that will call at low stakes putting you in a position you really dont want to be in for the sake of 180 chips.

Thats what I make of it anyway!

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

How about fold?

As I think you already realized this is an awkward spot. If we limp and get raised, we won't have implied odds to call due to our stack size. Raising is better and if we were even a seat closer to the button I would do so to 300. However, we could still get stuck with a hand that really doesn't play well post-flop if called (again, our stack is limiting our options). We are just too deep to shove, too many players to get through from MP IMO. If we had about 1400 chips I'd shove.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    How about fold?

As I think you already realized this is an awkward spot. If we limp and get raised, we won't have implied odds to call due to our stack size. Raising is better and if we were even a seat closer to the button I would do so to 300. However, we could still get stuck with a hand that really doesn't play well post-flop if called (again, our stack is limiting our options). We are just too deep to shove, too many players to get through from MP IMO. If we had about 1400 chips I'd shove.
    I did fold.

I was just curious to see what other people`s opinions were. So what would you open raise from UTG with, AQ+ 77+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    I did fold.

I was just curious to see what other people`s opinions were. So what would you open raise from UTG with, AQ+ 77+ ?
    Well, let's call this 3-off the button (I call it "CP" or center position). As a default for a SNG I'd raise 66+, ATo+, KJs+, KQo. I likely raise A9s or even A8s if I felt the table allows it. Seeing that 55 is so close if you had raised I'd be OK with it, though I might fold 66-22 with 20BB-stacks. 77 I'm raising almost always and 88+ is a definite.

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Well, let's call this 3-off the button (I call it "CP" or center position). As a default for a SNG I'd raise 66+, ATo+, KJs+, KQo. I likely raise A9s or even A8s if I felt the table allows it. Seeing that 55 is so close if you had raised I'd be OK with it, though I might fold 66-22 with 20BB-stacks. 77 I'm raising almost always and 88+ is a definite.
    Ok cheers, I definitely need to loosen up my range a bit then.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

@20BB's I might limp, depending on what the table allows. I wouldn't bet with it though, I'd be more inclined than anything to just fold it.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    Ok cheers, I definitely need to loosen up my range a bit then.
    Now this is considering that most often the opponents we see will mostly call from the blinds rather than be a constant threat to reraise/resteal. If you have a player acting after you that can definitely put that kind of pressure on you then we either need to tighten our opening ranges or call lighter.

Even UTG 6-handed I'm not very loose with 66+, AT+, A9s, KJs+ and KQo. That might be 1 in 10 hands or so.