Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not 100% sure what I just did

Barrance is offline Senior Member

Default Not 100% sure what I just did

But I think I was doing it right!

Dear Wiggle Baron,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A USD 3,473.02 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 536.81 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournam ... der-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

Preeeetty stoked right about now! Ive been playing quite a few turbo MTTs recently, and I really feel like the suit my play. Im not sure if thats a good thing! But ive been getting very deep in quite a few big MTTs recently, maybe 6 or so in the last 6 months, but have always lost in some semi nasty circumstance. A blind steal attempt with a reasonable ace when the blinds are huge being called by aces and kings and the like. Anyhoo, that didnt happen this time and I felt quite in control of what was going on alot of time, despite how fecking hectic rebuy turbo tourneys are! Even had some horrible bad beats but kept managing to climb back. Had never had a million chips before, hit 70,000,000 today :D

t was a $1 rebuy with in the end 4790 people. I double rebuy to start with, then got some good hands and gained loads of chips near the start. Was sitting 40th or so out of about 3000 then. I then got aces, twice in a row...and lost both times. Was fucking mental. Cleaned me out. The blinds by then were 1250/2500 and the double rebuy was 6000 chips. I ended up rebuying I think 4 times then in the space of about 10 hands. Was the last 5 mins of rebuy period and I needed to make some chips. Last hand before the break I did my last double rebuy, and got a pair of jacks on the big blind. Went all in with like 5 other people, and got my stack from 6000 to 50000 last hand. Added on 30000 chips for a dollar and then just got involved! The maaassive hand came later on, when I was sitting on 15 million chips (just about enough to limp through to the final table if I wanted) and got dealt kings. Someone went all in before me with 8 million, then someone else went all in over the top with 17 million. At this point I was sitting about 1.5 times average, about 10th out of 40 people. The prize pool was massive too, so the whole final table was huge money. Anyone from 6th or better got $1000. So yeah, I called with kings, and then turned over AT and QT, and the flop came down AQJ. The turn was a nothing card...and the river was a fucking ten!! 2 of them left in the deck, my only two outs, 25:1? (ish) chance of hitting it and BAM. 40 million chips. Didnt feel bad in the slightest though...i had kings dammit! lol

Anyhoo, after that there was 30 or so people left. Fairly soon I came into the final table tournament leader, and just thought bugger it. I know its not the right way to play, and I should always go for the win, but winning anything over 1000 means so much to me at the moment its unreal. So I was just happy to fold away hands all day, until the 9th-5th short stacks had played each other out, and it came down to the final 4, with me with the least chips. I kept it fairly tight, got a couple good hands, but within about 20 hands the two medium stacks had both been busted by the big stack! This meant I came into heads up 6:1 small stack, and ended up losing after a bit of a battle where I got to about even with him, then got card dead until I came 2nd. But what the hell, f*ck it...$3,500!!!!!
    Last edited by Barrance; Feb 17th, 2011 at 05:08 AM.

SilentBobAK47 is offline TokerStar

Congrats!

Very nice cash, congrats
    Illegitimi non carborundum

busymm is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure but keep it up. Once my BR gets bigger I was going to tackle some of these Rebuy tourneys myself. I keep getting near the cash bubble while in the top 10-20 for chips stacks only to lose it when people catch runner runners while grossly behind. I am sure that I have what it takes to get deep and look forward to the day I can make such a post myself. In the meantime I hope your next big cash comes soon!

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I can't wait until I can make a post like this either.

Congrats!
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Nice work but I'm too jealous to say so.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Congratulations Barrance!

This forum now has a membership fee. It is 20% of your latest tournament win. Please send $700 to my PokerStars account.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Congratulations Barrance!

This forum now has a membership fee. It is 20% of your latest tournament win. Please send $700 to my PokerStars account.
    Oh, ok, I guess I owe $2.32.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Very nice, indeed. Continued success.
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Barrance is offline Senior Member

Cheers all! Really happy with everything about that tournament funnily enough, but was so happy with how I played. Was almost always fairly well ahead when it came to a race, and felt I was picking my spots to shove on the blinds really well. Ha its only just sinking in to be honest :P

What else made it amazing, was theres a little group of mates round here of mine who are all really into their poker. We spend alot of time round there either playing, watching, talking about poker...whatever. Not all the time, but alot lol
    Anyhoo, I text them when I was at about a million chips just if they fancied watching, and by the final table about 2 hours later there was the mate of mine who sat through the whole thing with me, and like 7 or 8 other people I knew watching the tournament on their laptops. I kept getting barrages of like 5 texts when massive hands went down lol Was awesome to take down $3500, went straight over to the boys house and, lets say spirits were high :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast