Thread: Luck box city

busymm is offline Senior Member

Default Luck box city

Well just got back from another game of free pub poker. (only 14 starting people tonight small crowd) Made it to the final table last in chips 8 handed. I had maybe 7 BB left. With some well timed steals and a few won pots I managed to stay afloat. (I swear the guy running the game was trying to get rid of me since I was the shortest stack and he would raise the blinds right when they hit me)

I was able to triple up one hand when a I got it all in pf with A7s against KQ and J9 (the J9 raised utg) That brought us down to the final 4 (3 get food credits) After the bubble burst I found myself sitting in 3rd for chips.

I managed to grind away at the person in 2nd place until he shoved K4 into my K9. That brought us to heads up where I was in sorry shape the Chip leader had a 3 to 1 chip lead to me. After folding a few hands to his all in shoves I managed to catch some cards to build my stack up to slightly bigger than his. Then came a hand where I had A9s and he had 10 9 only to river the 10. That really hurt me. It left me with just over half a big blind (blinds at the time were 8k,4k). Then came the insanity. I win 4 hands all in in a row to bring the guy down to just 3 chips. With the 5th and final hand to seal his doom and give me 1st place. What a night.

I folded I don't knwo how many crap cards PF only to find that they turned into the nuts on the flop. I even had odds to call with 72 suited in the SB in a all limp pot but decided to fold and save myself the extra 200 in chips only to catch a 2 on the flop which was checked around and catch runner runner 7's on a flush possible board giving me a FH. Then the real betting. It would have been an 8k pot for me...Oh well.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Sounds like a blast. Nice win!

Quote Originally Posted by busymm View Post
    I even had odds to call with 72 suited in the SB in a all limp pot but decided to fold and save myself the extra 200 in chips only to catch a 2 on the flop which was checked around and catch runner runner 7's on a flush possible board giving me a FH. Then the real betting. It would have been an 8k pot for me...Oh well.
    ...Not to mention what a shock for your opponents to see the cards you played. :). In LP in cash games, I will often limp with 72 suited or somesuch just for this reason. Nothing could be easier to get away from on the flop if you don't hit exactly the shocking hidden monster you're looking for.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I can't remember the last time I won 2 hands in a row, let alone 5. :)

OK, its not that bad.

Feels like it.

Way to TID. How long did it take? I'm guessing its 10-15 minute blind levels?
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

The blinds were kind of erratic. It seemed the longer we took the faster they went up since the guy running it wanted to go home I think. It took about 3 1/2 hours from shuffle up to the big finish.

Nice win busy

I`ve never played any pub poker I suspect it would drive me mad.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

The blinds were kind of erratic. It seemed the longer we took the faster they went up since the guy running it wanted to go home I think. It took about 3 1/2 hours from shuffle up to the big finish.
    Way too long. If the guy wants to turn dollars (meaning tips) he should have 12-15 minute blinds and smaller stacks. With 14 players I'm thinking 2-2.5 hours tops. After the "main game" he could run a couple single-table events, or even once he closes a table. The place I go we run the single-tables as "turbos" where the blinds go up every 3 hands, not by time.

Down here I know the poker people get paid by the bar $X per table, so the dealers get paid only via tips. Maybe your guy does it different or the pub is doing it in-house.

We each take our turn as dealer.

Lou Krieger is offline Member

Winning four hands in a row ... wow, I wish I could remember what that feels like!

We each take our turn as dealer.
    Ah, makes a little more sense now.

Screw that. :)