Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Shove?

Default Good Shove?

A hand from a satty. I`m 19/27 and 22 places win the full buy-in of $11 with 23rd taking $8. Do we like the shove or was it unecessarily risky given how short the BB is?

Illegitimi non carborundum

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I think this close to the end its a fold.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

NobleTruths is offline Militant Buddhist

You are 5.5 x effective BB, and 4 to the money. If you lose, big trouble. I agree with the fold-and-wait mentality.

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

So does the pay scale increase above 22nd? The way I read it it sounds like some kind of odd Double or Nothing type tourney as described.

If the payouts do increase past 22nd then isn't there some value in shoving here where it is getting close to the bubble? Also, with the big blind being so short stacked you could get a call and be in good shape to take his chips and you wouldn't be much worse off if the big blind did manage to suck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    So does the pay scale increase above 22nd? The way I read it it sounds like some kind of odd Double or Nothing type tourney as described.
    No it`s a $2+20 sat that pays out an $11 ticket. Sometimes the payout doesn`t exactly add up and there`s an additional payout in cash . . . in this case $8.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I've not played many sattys so I'm not really in tune with them, I might see if I can get Jen to take a moment.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

busymm is offline Senior Member

I think it was a great shove. You have under 10 bb yourself with 5 more people to go for the money (4 if you count the $8) Also if I know you DM you have been playing tight and will as such have a good table image which may help with FE. As far as the bb is concerned he will have to call with any two cards against which AK is a strong fav. If it so happens that the bb has a hand then bad luck at least it won't kill you.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Under 10BB I'm shoving those cards every time. Naturally you expect a short stack call. What would worry me is the monster stack immediately to our left. But nothing you can do about that, except hope AK holds up

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    No it`s a $2+20 sat that pays out an $11 ticket. Sometimes the payout doesn`t exactly add up and there`s an additional payout in cash . . . in this case $8.
    Ahhh yes...hence the word satty in your original post...for some reason it didn't really register when I read it.

In that case I have no idea at all (only played maybe 2 or 3 sattys) but it feels like a marginal situation to me and a shove or fold both have their merits. The fact is that you don't have a stack that guarantees you will win a ticket so maybe a little extra gamble with a premium hand isn't a bad thing?

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

I shove.

If you had more chips then I can understand folding to the money. But you're one of the people at risk and AK is too good. I don't know why you're worried about the BB though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast