Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $1000 Rush poker tournament Freeroll at 12 today

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Jalopy, I have only played a grand total of 3 rush tournaments so far (no wonder I have no medals!!!), but I think you'll like them. And since you signed up for rakeback with Pokerology I just shipped you $4.40 to try for yourself (if you win ship me back the buy-in).

I noticed Rycky was playing in one the other day while recording a video for us lot. I think this is unwise because you should devote all your attention to the rush tournament. There is a quick fold button and the quick fold button should be your friend. See as many hands as possible and don't wait for the action to get to you before folding. You miss out on too many opportunities. I'm not saying play more hands, just see more hands. What's your take on that Rycky?

TheCol is offline Queso's Hitman

Out in 8500 place AJ against A3 and Pocket 10's. That was quick.
    Poker is like fishing, you have to use the right bait to catch the big fish.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TheCol View Post
    That was quick.
    Not as quick as me!

busymm is offline Senior Member

I beg to differ about the Quick fold. Someone on another site did a 12k hand breakdown of Rush and found that due to quick fold while on the Co, Button and SB he had a high steal rate. Others in front of him tended to fold already making it easy for him to steal small pots.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Jalopy, I have only played a grand total of 3 rush tournaments so far (no wonder I have no medals!!!), but I think you'll like them. And since you signed up for rakeback with Pokerology I just shipped you $4.40 to try for yourself (if you win ship me back the buy-in).

I noticed Rycky was playing in one the other day while recording a video for us lot. I think this is unwise because you should devote all your attention to the rush tournament. There is a quick fold button and the quick fold button should be your friend. See as many hands as possible and don't wait for the action to get to you before folding. You miss out on too many opportunities. I'm not saying play more hands, just see more hands. What's your take on that Rycky?
    I'm quite use to played 6-8 tables, so running just 2 with one being a rush MTT really doesn't hurt me.

Now playing 3 rush SNGs among about 5 or 6 games does get a little fun, I was doing that on Tuesday night. However, I'm not missing anything. TBH playing two rush games out of my 6 that I have running is probably the most I should be doing to be on the safe side.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by busymm View Post
    I beg to differ about the Quick fold. Someone on another site did a 12k hand breakdown of Rush and found that due to quick fold while on the Co, Button and SB he had a high steal rate. Others in front of him tended to fold already making it easy for him to steal small pots.
    The opportunity to steal is massive and it's a good idea to step it up. I don't disagree with that at all. But let's say you're in late position or in the SB with a hand you won't play unless you're given the opportunity (i.e. nobody has opened). This is when you should be quick folding rather than waiting for the fold button to appear when it's your turn.

If you play it like a regular tournament and don't make use of seeing more hands then you're not playing the game properly, IMO. The other players are whizzing through the hands and accumulating chips from the worst players while you play 60 hands per hour compared to their 300.

If you're playing rush and regular tournaments at the same time then fine, but the rush game should be your focus of attention.

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

LOL...my eyes bugged out when I saw the transfer. I thought my rakeback skyrocketed somehow (I did win my biggest pots ever this week) but before I sent you a personal message I thought I would check the forums first

Thanks Tim I really appreciate assist with giving the Rush tourney a try. Pokerology just keeps paying dividends!

I'll give one of the tourneys a shot this weekend and let you know how it goes. Hopefully I'll be refunding that buy-in :).

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Thanks Tim I really appreciate assist with giving the Rush tourney a try. Pokerology just keeps paying dividends!
    No worries. Let us know how you get on with your first rush tourney!!!

drcanitz is offline DrCaNiTz

I was really curious cause i had no chance to play this rush tournaments before , i decided to play that 4.40 buy in but got no luck , couldnt make it to the money in any of the 2 i played, so i prefer playing the ring games , ive done really good on no limit 25-50 cents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2