Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $15,000 gtd itm

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

That's a nice payout for $1. Great job!

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Nice run! Good to see things are going well for you.

I'd have made a c-bet on that hand, but it didn't matter... he wasn't going anywhere this time. If I were him, I'd have either shoved or folded preflop.... and I think I'd have folded without a read. I think he was just a bit too shallow to flat.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

TheCol is offline Queso's Hitman

Good run in that tournament.
    If it was me playing that tournament being in the money, I might not have played that hand at all. But since you played the hand maybe calling the flop bet and not raising just to see the turn card would have been a safer bet. Im not downing you play but I tend to play alot tighter when in the money. I know you had a ton of outs but I dont like commiting my tournament life on a draw. Thats just me.
    But I think you did great job well done.
    Poker is like fishing, you have to use the right bait to catch the big fish.

Its subjective but I think opening with A5h there is something you can easily do. I won't argue folding it if you aren't comfy about it.

TheCol is offline Queso's Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Its subjective but I think opening with A5h there is something you can easily do. I won't argue folding it if you aren't comfy about it.
    With the chipstack that he had yes, but I would have played it just alittle bit safer. It could go both ways, I just dont like the all-in on a draw. Thats just me.
    Poker is like fishing, you have to use the right bait to catch the big fish.

The odds were there though. Even if we make his bet a shove for 15K+, we'd need to win 41% to make it a good call. The only way we could fold is if we KNEW he had a set (he flipped up his cards), and even then its really close as we'd still win 40% of the time on this board.

Seeing that in this spot the villain either A. has an overpair B. has his own weird draw, C. has shit and folds to a shove or D. has some other weird thing a bunch more than 1% of the time I can't see folding this flop.

Of course, if we lead out we'd have easy odds to call a shove in the event our c-bet doesn't take it down. True, it sucks to bust out on a draw but we can't pass up on +EV spots like this either.

Jalopy is offline Senior Member

Awsome work Bob! What a lovely ROI

SilentBobAK47 is offline TokerStar

I see the A5s hand has turned into a discussion so I'll chine in on how that hand went down. I had just gotten to this table recently but after a few hands I realized it's a tight one with the exception of maybe one player. I have been successful with taking down some pots pre-flop with a raise so A5s to me was a good enough hand to attempt a steal. When the button flatted I didn't like it but I was planning a small cbet on a dry flop but it turns out I hit a monster drawing flop. With my stack this was a draw I was willing to play for it all so my plan was to check/raise shove for a couple of reasons.

- I would get max value if I hit the draw
    - If he bluffs I will win a little extra from my opponent

If he checks behind then I would have put a cheap bet in on the turn to try and buy myself a cheap card when I miss on the turn.

Of course there is no way on Earth I could have put him on a set but I still had 15 winners in the deck but I missed...it happens.

I agree that his flat call on the button isn't good. If I was in his seat I would have shoved against a player like myself and I wouldn't call with A5s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2