Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hold'em Manager - Official Reseller

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default Hold'em Manager - Official Reseller

Pokerology is now an official reseller for Hold'em Manager. I personally recommend HEM, and prefer it over PT3. If you are going to get a copy of it, then be sure to let me know because there's a discount for all members.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

I was actually going to ask around about PT3, but for mac... I can't get it to work. I had Poker CoPilot for a trial, but that stopped working too... In what ways do you think HEM is better, and can you get it for mac? Also, is it allowed on PokerStars and Full Tilt?

Tim

I've got both PT3 and HEM. I found PT3 to be very buggy, constantly needing to reboot my PC for it to launch, disappearing HUD, etc. That's the reason I went and got HEM. To be fair, PT3 seems to have fixed a lot of their bugs.

I prefer the general setup of HEM. But to be completely honest, there isn't a great deal of difference in features between PT3 and HEM. They both copy each other. When HEM brings out a new feature, PT3 soon follows, and vice versa. There is no killer feature which makes one better than the other, IMO. Although I think HEM is quicker to release upgrades.

Also, HEM is cheaper and their support is better.

Unfortunately HEM isn't compatible with a Mac, without running it through a virtual machine.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I would have stuck with PT2 if I could have, it better fit my needs as an "accounting program for poker" since I could enter in custom game types and such. I've since learned how to make those custom changes in PT3 but its more of a hassle to do.

Since I don't use a HUD that stuff doesn't bother me and 99.9% of the time I just don't care about saving my hands... I just want it to save my results. Then again I don't play cash games either.

Another reason I didn't switch to HEM is the hassle of having to transfer 3+ years of PT tracking. I just don't want to go thru all that. TBH it was bad enough to update from PT2 to PT3 and I only did that for 2009 info. I think I'd go inside doing any more than that.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim

It's easy to switch. You just import all your raw hand histories.

But if you have PT3 and you're happy with it, then there's no real point in switching.

BTW guys, just PM me if you're interested in getting HEM at a discount, or in some cases for free. If you haven't got either PT3 or HEM then it's well worth it.

Doc_H is offline Member

Even if I just play microstakes? Do these work when I play MTT's or SNG's?

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Yeah, should be fine for all of that.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_H View Post
    Even if I just play microstakes? Do these work when I play MTT's or SNG's?
    Yep, for sure.

I have neither, do you get any advantage whatsoever. I tend to play by feel even on line, do they make you lazy, i mean as in you dont have to concentrate so much coz the tracker will tell what to do and what is the best play etc....
    Wibble Wibble

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ghandisflipflop View Post
    I have neither, do you get any advantage whatsoever. I tend to play by feel even on line, do they make you lazy, i mean as in you dont have to concentrate so much coz the tracker will tell what to do and what is the best play etc....
    No, HEM won't tell you how to play, or what is best. And what you're referring to is just one aspect of the software, the HUD (heads-up display). Even if you never use the HUD, the benefits of having tracking software is huge. You can record every hand you play (and your opponents), which allows you to find and plug leaks in your game, run reports, etc - not to mention keeping track of your profits/losses.

The HUD will help you know the types of players you're up against. Knowing who are the uber nits or loose maniacs at your table has clear benefits. Sure you can sit and play one table and study your opponents, but if you have a tool that says..... this guy has played 1 hand in the past 200 hands - then this is going to help you make better decisions.

Highly recommended!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast