Thread: Updates to the Website

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default Updates to the Website

Hey guys, I'm pleased to announce that the main part of the website has had a little makeover. The majority of the changes have been made to make the site more user friendly. Here's an overview of what's new:

Search Function:

There's now a search function in the header section, powered by Google site search. I think it works very well. Try it for yourself.

Introduction video:

The home page now shows the tour guide video (Yeah I know, it needs to be updated). There'll also be a few more videos like this on other pages, once they are ready.

Social Networking:

You'll now see links on the site to the Pokerology Twitter and Facebook pages. If you're a member of either of these then please consider becoming a follower/fan, help spread the word, etc, etc. The home page shows a little gallery of our Facebook fans - get your face on there today!

Email Newsletter Signup:

There's now a signup form on most pages. I'll be sending out a regular newsletter (no spam) to subscribers. If you've signed up to the forum then you're already on the list (you can unsubscribe anytime!). If you've not signed up to the forum, well what are you waiting for?

Recent Comments:

Within the articles pages you'll see a 'recent comments' box in the sidebar. This lists the recent comments by you guys. Just to remind you, if you're a member of the forum then you're already logged in and can comment on articles. Thanks to those of you that have made comments - and to those who haven't, please consider doing so in future. Feedback is always good. Although bear in mind, the forum is the best place for a discussion.

Latest Forum Threads:

Speaking of forum threads, the 'latest forum threads' box is now shown more or less sitewide in the sidebar of the main site. This should hopefully get a few more people joining up and getting involved, which would be nice.

Article Page Changes:

You'll notice a few tweaks to the article pages. The author image has moved, with a brief biography added. Links to their other recent articles has also been added. You'll also see a "share this" social networking 'thingy' at the bottom of each article. If you're a subscriber to any of these social networking sites, and you enjoyed the article, then please consider posting the link to your friends - again, help spread the word. Thanks.

There are more changes planned for other parts of the site, which do need a little re-touching. But the above changes are quite a enough for one day. I hope you all like the changes and find the site more user friendly and interactive.

Tim

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Good stuff Tim.

Nemokcas is offline Junior Member

I am new to the site and I cannot find the quizzes after the lessons. Can someone tell me where they are? Thx

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Quote Originally Posted by Nemokcas View Post
    I am new to the site and I cannot find the quizzes after the lessons. Can someone tell me where they are? Thx
    Hi - not all the lessons have quizzes. Those that do (mostly beginner lessons) have a separate tab at the top of the page.

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

talk about a bump

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    talk about a bump
    I'll see your bump and bump you all in!
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Hey Queso ... I know I don't frequent the site regularly "recently" but I'm calling you out. Are you calling or folding?
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

Breezy is offline Feel the Breeze

WooHoo. This is one of my top 5 forums I peek in at.
    ​Breezy

Queso is offline Check To The Possible

Default Updates to the Website

Fold. 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Queso View Post
    Fold. ��
    What a wus .... all I had was air!