Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Many Tables?

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default How Many Tables?

How many tables do you play online? We had a thread a while ago about this, but it'd be interesting to see if what people are playing now. I usually play 2, 3, or 4 tables. What about you? Have you dropped down, and if so why?

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

When I play $0.10/$0.25 pot limit holdem on Full Tilt I play 8 tables.

Tim

This is the same as before, right? Didn't you try experimenting? If I remember correctly.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

I can have as many as 6 going at once, been up to 8 when playing MTTs and start times overlap some deep runs from earlier ones. I'm about to start 6-tabling my SNGs (up from 4). I've also successfully played 10 Step 1 Ultra-Turbo SNGs on UB a number of times, but I'm not ready to do that for real yet.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

malfunctioning is offline Senior Member

I was running between 4 and 8 tables at a time. I have since almost dried up online. I have been concentrating on live poker. So I am averaging between 2 and 5 games a week online.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    I can have as many as 6 going at once, been up to 8 when playing MTTs and start times overlap some deep runs from earlier ones.
    I only multi-table cash games, or if it's SNGs then I like them starting at the same time. Overlapping MTTs must get confusing.

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Quote Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
    I was running between 4 and 8 tables at a time. I have since almost dried up online. I have been concentrating on live poker. So I am averaging between 2 and 5 games a week online.
    Mal ... how many tables do you play live? I like two. If I start running bad on one I leave my chips and go play at the other for a while. You just have to watch your time between them so you don't get "picked up" if there's a list. Three gets a little hairy
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I only multi-table cash games, or if it's SNGs then I like them starting at the same time. Overlapping MTTs must get confusing.
    Not at all. With MTTs you are usually at a full table so you don't have the bubble or other short-handed concerns that SNGs can have.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Not at all. With MTTs you are usually at a full table so you don't have the bubble or other short-handed concerns that SNGs can have.
    Yeah, good point.

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    This is the same as before, right? Didn't you try experimenting? If I remember correctly.
    Yeah, same as before.

I had moved up to $0.25/$0.50 and dropped down to four tables but after a couple of months where I have just about broken even (thanks to rakeback) I have decided to return to $0.10/$0.25 for a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast