Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Ya Running

blazeagle is offline Junior Member

mattjacknine- Its for the month of Nov. and actually its quite simple if you are patient enough. Since lots of Donkeys play on Pokerstars here is what I do. Ill enter say a .25/.50 room with max buy in of 50. I buy in Max and wait for a couple of donkeys that come in with a minmum of 10 and sure enough they go all in. Just wait for a decent hand and go all in. Its very rare that they will get Pocket A's. I try to bust a couple Donkeys a day this method. You can't be afraid to call the Donkeys all in bets.

Dave 'Two Chairs' is offline Captain Pedantic

I met someone the other day who is making a packet out of the Double-or-Nothings on Stars. Obviously you need a bankroll for this, but he's playing 8 to 12 $500 D-or-N's every day.
    In his words, "Even if I only win 6 out of 10, I make $1000 profit in a day." He's not accounting for the fee here of course, but it's an interesting approach.
    There are only three ways to play pocket Jacks; they are all wrong.

Hidden Content size="1">http://www.facebook.com/davesparrow

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Dave, did he pass on any particular tactics involving them? Presumably they play a bit differently to your standard SnG.

RyckyRych is offline Retired Micro Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by mattjacknine View Post
    Dave, did he pass on any particular tactics involving them? Presumably they play a bit differently to your standard SnG.
    I think Jennifear wrote something up on these... maybe do a quick search and I bet you could find it. I'll shoot an email to her also.

EDIT: I searched my email and I have what she wrote up. If anyone wants it just give me your email addy and I'll send it along.
    Last edited by RyckyRych; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
    I do a new thing now. Hidden Content

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattjacknine View Post
    A couple of months back I set myself a mini goal of reaching $3000 profit for the year and ending the year with at least a $5000 bankroll. If I am going to achieve both of these I will need to win at least $500 this month. Doable, but it would have been easier if I hadn't dropped nearly $200 in November.
    It's looking less likely now, since BT cut off my telephone line and broadband on Monday night. They hope to get it back on today. I'm not holding my breath. Bloody idiots!

It's the 9th day of the month and I've only played 1500 hands so far this month. I'm gonna have to get grinding (or run really good) if I'm going to threaten those goals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2