Thread: How gutted would you be?

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Default How gutted would you be?

Yesterday morning Poker Stars dealt their 25 billionth cash hand and there were some huge bonuses paid out. The winner of the hand was due to get $100k in cash as well as a tournament package worth $50k.

In the event the hand occurred on an Omaha hi/low table and it didn't go totally smoothly for those involved:

"Joining the table just before the prolific hand took place was “Confederate”. Confederate was given the option to post the Blind out of turn to be dealt in the hand, or sit out and wait for the next hand. In what will be talked about for months to come as the worst decision ever made around the felt, Confederate chose to sit it out."

How gutted would you be? In saving a dollar he cost himself $25k.

The main prize was split, but Poker Stars support had to help out:

"A crowd of near 1,600 joined the waiting list to view the table and watch it play out. This caused a “hiccup” on the server. When it restarted, NeonFrost’s was overcome with anger as his hand disappeared. It appeared as if he had Folded, but “Why would I ever Fold?” came his enraged response. He had $7 remaining in his chip stack, certainly enough to stay in the hand.

Regardless, the hand played out, and tupapi777 was clearly the Low Hand winner. PokerStars was quick to review the hand and determine how NeonFrost would have come out. His hand, a Queen-High Flush, would have been strong enough to take the High Hand half of the pot, and tupapi777 was more than happy to oblige when PokerStars required him to split the $100,000 grand prize with NeonFrost.

The prizes for playing and/or winning the PokerStars 25-billionth hand were doled out a follows:

NeonFrost: High Pot Spilt, $50,000 + $50,000 live tournament prize package
    Tupapi777: Low Pot Spilt, $50,000 + $50,000 live tournament prize package
    FrtSpkndMn: $33,333.33
    n47j25s: $33,333.33
    chris12080: $33,333.33"

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

I'm always gutted if I split and only win the high or the low

TIME is offline Reasonable bet

Default Gutted

"Confederate" must have been adhering to the age old adage of "A penny saved is a penny earned"

I guess now he realizes that "A dollar saved is $25K lost" .... OUCH!!!!!
    To the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, but simply a tool; as language is to thought.