Thread: Biggest Cash Pot

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Default Biggest Cash Pot

Regardless of blind size what is the biggest cash pot you have won?

Here is my entry, a 380 big blind pot in a $25nl 6-max game:

Player 1 demonstrates how not to play A8 when deep stacked after flopping top pair top kicker.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Nice use of the HH replayer tool Matt!

I don't know what my biggest pot would be online, but this is your biggest? You've not even got to 3 figures yet, which leave me a little suprised. How long till you decide to move up levels?

Thanks, I couldn't wait for an excuse to use it. :o)

I think I need to reword the post 'though. What I meant was what is your biggest in terms of big blinds, ignoring the actual $ size of the pot. This opens it up to everyone, regardless of their stake level.

I moved up to $50nl briefly (7728 hands) at the start of the year but proceeded to run/play horribly and lost twelve buy-ins. A move back down to $25nl has allowed me to regain my confidence and re-affirm my plan of action. I'll be moving up again soon once my bankroll merits it.

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Yes that makes more sense, and x380 is very nice indeed. If only the others in that hand were deep stacked. Was this on Stars?

Yeah, Stars.

Shame the trip fours weren't as deep as the two eights 'cos I don't think he was going to fold regardless of the action (and neither would I on this board).

d7r7w7 is offline Member

Nice hand Mat... I love how your nuts straight became a crappy 6 high flush on the river, just to make your already enormous hand on the flop, just that little higher in the hand ranking!!! Nice!!!

I've not won too much online in truth, I'm not a fan and I am quite frankly a fish in cash. Not ashamed to admit it either...I think my biggest win was in Swansea last year...and against a sponsored pro player!! Who, you can give you opinion as well afterwards, insists I played my hand badly.

I was on quite a roll, I was already 300/400 up on the night, a semi-pro player I know came to the table, she is quite aggressive, but selectively. I have just won a pot with 5 3 suited (which she sees). This player comes in and raises mid position from 1/2 blinds to 11, the action folds to me on the button and I announce raise...our Pro friend immediately says "you sure you want to do that"...I raise to 40 with KK...I get an instant call.

The flop is X 10 X...our Po friend leads out for 80, I ask how much she is playing, she seemed very nervous and flustered, so whilst she was counting, I announced all-in for well over 600...she had a dwell up, sunglasses came off and gave me a stare and a smile, bck to the stare and now a frown...she announces call followed by "lets gamble"...she had about 400 starting stack...so that all went in...

The turn is an ACE, which I absolutely hate...she announces she has 1 pair...I was absolutely steaming she called with AX, the turn was something like a 2 or a 3...and our Pro friend turned over JJ, much to my relief.

Apparently I played my hand completely wrong!!! Not so sure about I'm sure her chips stacked up nicely against mine!!! I went on to finish the evening 900 up and my girlfriend ended up 300 up from playing 3 hands. QQ, QQ and KQ...the action was, well, loose...and I'm being nice! I think we just landed on very good day to play!!
    Last edited by d7r7w7; Feb 6th, 2009 at 02:01 AM.
    I've got Pocket Jacks - I swear!!!

I can't see how you played the hand badly, Dave, if anyone did it was the sponsored pro (do I know her?). I think I would have played it the way you did.

With 1/2 blinds and a pot of about 800 I think you are in the lead now with a 400 bb pot. Good work!

d7r7w7 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattjacknine View Post
    I can't see how you played the hand badly, Dave, if anyone did it was the sponsored pro (do I know her?). I think I would have played it the way you did.

With 1/2 blinds and a pot of about 800 I think you are in the lead now with a 400 bb pot. Good work!
    You missed out one word...lucky!! The other player was called Carla. She bust out of a tourney, straight on to cash and was clearly still steaming! As I said...lucky! But playing it wrong...thank you was my response :-)
    I've got Pocket Jacks - I swear!!!