Thread: The Beginners Forum

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default The Beginners Forum

This section of the site is for those naive (possibly) newbie type questions. Don't be afraid to ask, as we all start at the beginning and I'm sure the members on this forum will be more than happy to help out new players. If you're a new member then also take this as an opportunity to introduce yourself to the community.

szymek797 is offline Junior Member

Hi I'm Simon, playing poker just couple month I would really appreciate some help and advice from more experience colleagues.

My question: How to play A,6 A,7 (suited and not suited) from middle position and late postion? Cuz from early position I usually fold them, is that correct move?

bambini is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by szymek797 View Post
    Hi I'm Simon, playing poker just couple month I would really appreciate some help and advice from more experience colleagues.

My question: How to play A,6 A,7 (suited and not suited) from middle position and late postion? Cuz from early position I usually fold them, is that correct move?
    Hi, you've put this thread in the wrong place (you'd be better off starting a new thread). However, I've just spotted your post so thought I'd reply.

Yep, fold those cards as a general rule. The only times you should be playing Ace with a weak kicker is when you are playing on a very passive board, when you are short handed (with 3-4 players at the table, A6 becomes more likely to be the best hand) or when you have a good read on your opponents. Mostly though, fold.
    "Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city" - Coach Finstock, Teen Wolf