Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hand History Replayer

Tim
    Tim is offline quintessential chopbuster

Default Hand History Replayer

Our new hand history replayer tool allows you to upload or copy and paste your hand histories right into the forum for review. This is a great way to review hands and discuss strategy, rather than having people read the text, which can often be hard to follow.

Here's an example of it in action, with these hands being from a recent Poker Stars SNG where I busted out first:

So, how does it work?

When you hit the ‘new thread’ button you’ll see the hand history replayer option just above where you write your post. Click on the expand icon (to the right), which will open up the tool.

You can either copy and paste the hand history text or upload the .txt file, which should be stored on your computer. For example Poker Stars hand histories are usually stored here: C: Program Files > Poker Stars > Hand History. They are files that might look something like this: “HH20090131 T237649936 No Limit Hold'em $15 + $1.txt”.

Choose to mask the names or not. Masking means the real user names will not be shown, and you’ll be referred to as ‘Hero’. Then hit upload. The hand history is then copied into the post. Once this is done just fill in the post like you would with any other thread. It is a good idea to put something about the hand, such as the game type, and any other relevant information. Don’t forget to add a relevant title too. Then when you’re ready hit preview, and if it’s good to go, hit submit.

Please be aware that this will upload your entire hand history for the game. If you want to just upload individual hands then just edit the .txt file.

Rooms Supported:

* Pokerstars
    * Full Tilt
    * Party Poker
    * Cake Poker (Cake Network)
    * Carbon Poker (Merge Network)
    * PKR Poker

Hopefully we’ll be able to support more rooms in the near future.

John is offline Member

I'm interested in discussing hand analysis but TBH I don't really like the Hand History Replayer. I find it is slow and frustrating to review a hand. For example, if you are viewing the turn and then want to quickly check what the pre-flop betting was, you have to start over from the beginning and then click through loads to get back to the river. Is there a way to turn it off and just view the plain text hand histories?

mattjacknine is offline Senior Member

Just post the text in the normal reply box I presume.

Tim

I agree it could do with a few tweaks, but I much prefer watching via the replayer than reading the text. I'll see what can be done!

Tim

John - just to let you know I have looked into this and been told:

The way the replayer works it would be non-trivial, I'm sure it's possible but not super simple, I'll need to look into it.
    So we'll see.

Patrick 'paddyjim' is offline Senior Member

Is it possible to post a partial hand history, i.e. up to a point where you had to make a decision?
    Don't take life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive

Tim

Yes, just delete the text from where you want it to stop. It'll stop at that point. Run a preview just in case.

p0k3r N008 is offline Junior Member

I'm trying to upload a hand history from PokerStars, but I keep receiving an error message "Cannot parse history metadata." I've tried numerous different times different ways and no luck (kinda like my poker game). You might have to create a New Thread Replayer for the Hand History Replayer!

Tim

Hi p0k3r. Welcome to the forum
    Sorry you're having problems with the replayer. I can take a look if you can send me the hand history (copy and paste) via private message. Just click on my name and choose 'send private message to tim'.

Tim

Update:

To get Poker Stars hand histories to play properly, please remove USD from the opening line of the text. For example:

PokerStars Game #37963153369: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05 USD) - 2010/01/10 16:37:37 ET
    Should be changed to:

PokerStars Game #37963153369: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2010/01/10 16:37:37 ET

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast